27 - SPECK OF LIGHT

As I walk normally, I was clearing my path by unconsciously moving my arm to kill all of the monsters around me.

With each movement, I could feel my blade slash through the flesh of a monster.

After that, I swiped the blood off my sword using the monster's corpse.

Sky. I wanted to see the sky.

Like a mantra, I repeated this inside my head.

I slammed another monster and peirced my sword to its skull.

Staying here for a long time, I was already used to the dark.

But I can feel it…

I am getting more colder and empty as the days passed by but…

A person who already experienced this kind of emotions.

It's not new to me.

Can I be empty any further?

The "Forest of despair" really hold its reputation.

A person with a weak mind won't really last long in this place. They will likely be eaten by the monsters or they would have gone crazy.

Yet, it's not the same for me.

In a military training, not just your physical body but also your mind experiences mental torture.

As a result, your mind gains strength to endure and think appropriately.

This place, reminded me of my military training. The difference is that, my life is really at stake here.

Therefore, I should not be careless.

I unconsciously let out a painful scream when a monster with a auburn body of a lion and a stinging tail of a scorpion take my whole arm in its mouth.

The monster keep in laughing in my sorry state swallowing my whole arm.

This monster is a high level one, but only its head seems like a human but the rest of its body are not.

(A/N: The monster Freschia is describing is called a MANTICORE. A bloodthirsty quadrupled mythical creatures that had an insatiable appetite for human flesh)

Making rush decisions would certainly separate my left arm to my whole body.

With a careful movement, I Iet it be before peircing my dagger inside the area of its mouth. A painful cry echoed as it finally let go my arm, but I didn't let it recuperate any longer.

I immediately slashed its head with my sword.

Wet liquid spluttered against my face again before the monster fall with a thud.

I walk slowly guiding my other hand.

"This day really wasn't my lucky day."

I mumbled putting my guard as I heard consecutive low deep growls of those red eyes creatures.

"Die."

Two of them starts to pounce on me. I just slashed the one closer with my sword and released the hidden dart to the other one.

A painful cry echoed after.

This time, I heard new three of them running my way to pounce. I ducked and picked up a tie made up of tree roots, pulling it hastily as group of axe weapon descended from different directions killing all those creatures in the process.

I heaved a sigh.

Setting a trap was also really helpful. After all, I can't rely on my strength all along.

At least those axes really become helpful in a way.

A small speck of light suddenly appear in my surroundings making me unconsciously cover my eyes with my hand but later on, I froze with a realization.

A light.

Finally a speck of light.

Seeing that, I began running to it with unyielding hope that this should not be a dream.

🌺🌺🌺

ECLISE'S POV
( AGE - 7 years old )

I increased my speed, looking at my back sometimes and still discovering they still able to keep up on chasing me.

This b*st*rds. They just really don't know the word "GIVE UP", huh.

"Tsk.. What a bother."

I keep on running only to halt when I was already facing the entrance of the most dangerous place called "FOREST OF DESPAIR".

They say once you entered inside, you won’t be able to get out anymore.

"Well... well.. well. It seems you finally reach a dead end."

"Surrender already and achieve the sentence punishment of your crime."

"Even if you're still a child, we won't be merciful."

I face them but froze when a large huge growl echoed in the whole surroundings.

I unconsciously move backward till I hit their back as we all stare at the certain figure approaching from the forest itself.

"A monster!"

I stare at the figure, it has the body of a man, red colored body with bone like structure but it's head is of an ogre.

Before I can make up of things, the whole place was filled with painful scream as I watch the monster tears the body of one of the person chasing after me.

Blood spluttered in the air and I stare at everything in daze filled with fear and pleasure.

Deep inside me, I don't understand that last feeling.

Its the same feeling I felt, everytime I hurt someone by doing missions.

My reverie broke when the monster turn its head to me.

The other person was already gone, being eaten by this cannibalistic creature.

It happened so fast but it seems to lay its hand to me until...

*BRAAAWRK!!! *

A girl suddenly appeared jumping high in the air, cutting the monsters body in half with her sword.

Not contented, the girl held the monster's neck and crash it with her one hand, before stepping on its head.

The girl then glance at me.

Her blonde brown hair almost reaching her knees, fluttering freely with the wind breeze.

Her golden brown eyes glow yellow in color as it reflected by the rays of the sun.

I stood there frozen and with awe.

This girl? Who is she?

It was there I notice, her whole body was covered with dirt and green liquid.

Did she just came out from the Forest of Despair?

The fast her glances were, the faster she averted it and walk away, ignoring me.