12

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

"I said no." Y/N said taking a bite of scrambled eggs.

"I don't want you to miss out because of me" Harry complained.

"I'm not leaving you to stay here depressed and alone. I'm staying" Y/N said making her decision clear.

"I suppose we could stay too" Hermione said gloomily. Ron looked like he wanted to protest but he said nothing.

"No Hermione, I know how much you and Ron have been looking forward to this trip" Y/N said. Ron felt bad for Harry, but he definitely didn't want to miss out on his first Hogsmeade trip.

"Well.. we'll bring you lots of sweets back from Honeydukes," said Hermione, looking desperately sorry.

"Yeah, loads," said Ron. He hadn't necessarily forgiven Hermione for Crookshanks behavior, but he was no longer angry.

"But Y/N-" Harry tried to protest.

"Im not changing my mind" Y/N said taking a sip of orange juice.

After breakfast the four of them walked to the entrance hall where Filch was standing inside the front doors, checking off names against a long list, looking suspiciously into every face, and making sure that no one was sneaking out who shouldn't be going.

"Staying here, Potter?" shouted Malfoy, who was standing in line with Crabbe and Goyle. "Scared of passing the Dementors?"

"Shut up Draco, don't forget you barely got to go since you failed your transfiguration quiz last week" Y/N smirked. Draco clenched his jaw, turned around, and pretended he didn't hear anything.

"What should we do?" Y/N asked as she and Harry turned around and walked through the corridors.

"The common room?" Harry suggested. Y/N agreed and they both walked to the common room.

"You shouldn't have stayed" Harry said gloomily. He knew how excited everyone was, no matter how much Y/N denied it, he knew she wanted to go. "Now you're stuck here"

Y/N rolled her eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you? I'm choosing to stay"

"Because of me" Harry argued.

"So? Even if I did go, it wouldn't be fun without you" Y/N said as they approached the portrait door.

"Password?" The fat lady said suddenly waking up. "Oh  it's you" the fat lady said in distaste.

"Fortuna major" Y/N said rolling her eyes. The portrait door swung open and they both walked through the portrait door.

"How did you manage to get a portrait to not like you" Harry said in amusement. Y/N shot him a playful glare.

 The first thing they both saw was the common room which was filled with first and second year students who weren't able to go to Hogsmeade, and a few older students who simply didn't want to go.

"Harry! Harry! Hi, Harry!" Colin Creevy a second year Gryffindor who was obsessed with Harry said excitedly. "Y/N!" He added also waving at her.

"Can I take a picture of you!" Colin asked, before either Harry or Y/N had an opportunity to respond Colin snapped a picture making the camera flash in their faces. "Thanks!" He exclaimed.

"Uh" Harry said awkwardly.

"Aren't you going to Hogsmeade? Why not? Hey —" Colin looked eagerly around at his friends — "you can come and sit with us, if you like!"