53

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

The door of the office opened.

"Hello, Potter, Black." said Moody. "Come in, then."

Harry and Y/N glanced at each other before walking inside.

Cornelius Fudge was standing beside Dumbledore's desk.

"Harry!" said Fudge happily, moving forward. He glanced at Y/N, not addressing her. "How are you?"

She could tell he didn't particularly like her, she supposed it was because Sirius was her father. The feeling was mutual.

Though if one person certainly was not ignoring her presence, it was Moody. 

She could see the flask in his hand. 

"I'm fine," Harry lied.

"We were just talking about the night when Mr. Crouch turned up on the grounds," said Fudge. "It was you who found him, was it not?"

"Yes," said Harry. "I didn't see Madame Maxime anywhere, though, and she'd have a job hiding, wouldn't she?"

"Yes, well," said Fudge, looking embarrassed, "we're about to go for a short walk on the grounds, Harry, if you'll excuse us . . . perhaps if you just go back to your class —"

"I wanted to talk to you, Professor," Harry said quickly, looking at Dumbledore.

"Wait here for me, Harry. Y/N I am leaving you in charge," he said with a small amused smile. "Our examination of the grounds will not take long."

They walked out in silence and closed the door. After they finally heard the footsteps retreating, Y/N stepped forwards, walking in the direction of Fawkes. Harry followed behind her.

"Hello, Fawkes," he said. As Y/N began to gently stroke the bird's back.

They kept silent for a moment, their attention on the Pheonix as it nuzzled its head into Y/N's hand.

"Do you want to tell me what happened in your dream now?" Y/N asked, moving away from Fawkes to sit on one of the chairs.

Harry sighed and sat on the chair across from her, he didn't want to worry her. 

"It's not that big of a deal" he said, avoiding eye contact.

Y/N rolled her eyes, "'Not that big of a deal' then why are we here? You woke up screaming, plus, your scar hurt."

Harry flushed.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Everything except the one thing he wanted to tell her the most.

Harry nodded, sitting up a bit straighter as he began. "Alright, er— It was an old building, I couldn't tell very well but it looked similar to the one I dreamt of in the summer. Wormtail was there and there was a snake too, it was huge. He said something about how he'd feed me to the snake instead, and then he started to torture Wormtail, he used the cruciatus curse, I could almost feel it Y/N, it's all so weird, it was like I was there- but not there? I don't know" he sighed and unconsciously rubbed his scar.

She felt awful for him. "Does it still hurt?" she asked, her eyes on the scar, it wasn't red anymore.

He shook his head, "Not anymore, but it did earlier, badly"