63

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 LOVE LOVE LOVE 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

This is an old a/n which is why theres so many reads already😭

***

Y/N couldn't breathe. 

No. 

It wasn't real.

Her wand tightened in her hand. 

"RIDDIKULUS!" She shouted, tears were streaming down her face. 

She couldn't breathe.

"RIDDIKULUS!"

Again.

"RIDDIKULUS!"

"Riddik—" she couldn't breathe. She couldn't fucking breathe. not this. Please not this. "Harry—harry." Her voice broke, her throat felt raw. "—Harry do the spell, i can't— please fix it," she breathed out.

The tears streaming down Harry's own face told her everything she needed to know. 

"No," Y/N croaked. 

"Y/N—"

She broke down, the sound of her wand clattering on the ground as Harry pulled her against him, sobs racking harshly through her body.

Harry sunk to the floor, pulling Y/N tightly against him as she shattered in his arms.

***

Remus was the only one who had ever been able to make Sirius listen. 

He was glad that this was still true, because the moment Sirius had found out about the dementor attack, he demanded to go ensure Y/N was okay. 

Of course, everyone told him he couldn't. It only took Snape uttering a single word before Sirius had punched him square in the face.

Remus was pissed.

Not because of Snape, he didn't give a shit about that. He was pissed that Sirius would be so out of control.

After Remus had reprimanded Sirius for being such a fucking idiot, he agreed that he'd stay put if Remus would be the one to bring them back. 

So he did, but he wasn't prepared to see what was in front of him. 

Adelaine and Thomas Rendall were such good people. 

There was a double tiered cake at the center of the table, a large banner that spelled out:

"WELCOME BACK!"

And helium-filled balloons of all different colors which decorated the entrance of the house.

But beside that, they lay dead.

***

The night felt like a blur for Y/N. There was an aching pressure in her chest that she desperately wanted to get rid of, but no matter how hard she tried, it stayed put. 

A lot had happened from the point when she had stepped into her childhood home, and there were things she remembered, and things she didn't.

She did remember clinging onto Remus the moment he made his presence known while Harry tried to explain what happened. Only moments later, two in sync letters flying in through the crack of the door declaring she and Harry's expulsion from Hogwarts.