43

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

It was perfect.

Harry had Y/N right besides him.

She was his date.

They were walking together, down the beautifully illuminated hall, everyone watching.

And to top it off, The part that made the already perfect night even better.

He was pissing off Cedric.

And merlins did it feel wonderful.

Every glare, every annoyed glance that he'd receive. 

It was amazing. 

Because Cedric wasn't with Y/N. 

His beautiful perfect Y/N.

no.

Harry was with her.

They approached the top table, Karkaroff seeming upset that Krum was with Hermione. 

Four out of the five judges were there, all except Mr. Crouch. 

Instead, Percy sat in the fifth seat, looking proud and smug.

Percy pulled out the chair from besides him, looking at Harry, he glanced at Y/N.

By the look on his face, he was very obviously still bitter over the prank that she, Fred and George had played on him.

"Haven't seen you in a while, Wizard." Y/N said, not forgetting what he had said about Winky after the World Cup. 

Percy looked extremely annoyed as she and Harry sat down.

Harry was relieved that if he had to listen to Percy blabber about the ministry, at least Y/N would make it interesting.

"I've been promoted," Percy said, looking at Harry. "I'm now Mr. Crouch's personal assistant, and I'm here representing him."

"Why didn't he come?" Harry asked, wanting to steer the conversation away from anything strictly ministry related.

"I'm afraid to say Mr. Crouch isn't well, not well at all. Hasn't been right since the World Cup. Hardly surprising — overwork. He's not as young as he was — though still quite brilliant, of course, the mind remains as great as it ever was. But the World Cup was a fiasco for the whole Ministry, and then, Mr. Crouch suffered a huge personal shock with the misbehavior of that house-elf of his, Blinky, or whatever she was called. Naturally, he dismissed her immediately afterward, but — well, as I say, he's getting on, he needs looking after, and I think he's found a definite drop in his home comforts since she left. And then we had the tournament to arrange, and the aftermath of the Cup to deal with — that revolting Skeeter woman buzzing around — no, poor man, he's having a well earned, quiet Christmas. I'm just glad he knew he had someone he could rely upon to take his place."

"Her name is Winky." Y/N said trying to keep calm, it was infuriating.

"Yeah, okay." Percy said, sounding very uninterested.

 Y/N huffed. "She's very happy now with her new family, she's no longer being treated like a fuc—"

"Porkchops!" Dumbledore said, cutting Y/N off and looking down at his menu. 

Porkchops appeared.

Percy looked completely unbothered as Y/N looked at him in annoyance. "Git" she muttered under her breath.