06

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

"Y/N! HARRY! IT'S NEARLY TIME" Mrs. Rendall shouted from the bottom of the stairs. 

Y/N ran across her room nearly tripping on a random shoe and stuffed a couple last few things into her trunk. She sat down on top of her trunk squishing it down in attempt to close it. "Squish together you stupid trunk" she muttered bouncing on top of it.

"Having fun?" Harry said standing at her door way with a look of amusement.

"Oh shut up and help me" she said scooting off of the trunk. Harry walked over to the other side and they both squished together the trunk at last managing to close it.

Y/N picked up her trunk and stuffed her wand into her pocket before she and Harry sped down the stairs.

"Finally" Mrs. Rendall muttered. Y/N  walked up to her mother and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

"Be good, stop pranking your teachers, and get good grades" Mrs. Rendall said with a smile. 

"Hm.. I can agree to 2 of those" Y/N said with an innocent smile. Mrs. Rendall shook her head in amusement and kissed her daughters forehead one last time before approaching Harry.

"And you, stop getting into so much trouble, I don't want to hear any stories about giant snakes or trolls" Mrs. Rendall said pulling him into a hug.  

"I don't find trouble, trouble finds me" Harry said with a smile.

"Well the both of you, try your best and have a good year, Harry dear you're welcome for Christmas if you'd like to come" Mrs. Rendall said with a smile.

"Thank you" Harry said with a small smile, he couldn't help but feel incredibly grateful for the way that they had taken him in and treated him so well, this was easily the best summer of his entire life.

Mrs. Rendall walked over to the giant fireplace they had installed. "How do you use this green powder?" She said holding out a bowl of Floo powder.

The Weasley's had helped connect the Rendall's fireplace to the Floo network so that Y/N could get to magical areas more quickly.

Y/N sighed, "First off it's Floo powder and besides I already explained it to you mum" she said grabbing a handful of it and stepping inside. 

"You throw it onto the ground, and say where you want to go. Like this- King's cross station!"

The large green flames engulfed Y/N transporting her to the station. Mrs. Rendall stared at the fireplace with wide eyes still not being accustomed to magic. Harry grabbed a handful of Floo powder waving goodbye before doing the same.

Harry landed onto the pavement and immediately spotted the Weasley's running in one by one through the wall at 9 3/4. He walked over quickly.

"Harry!" Ron said, Y/N and Hermione turned around.

"Come on! We haven't got much time!" Mrs. Weasley said quickly greeting Y/N and Harry. 

Ron ran through first, followed by Y/N, then Hermione, and Harry ran through last. 

The platform was crowded like usual filled with families saying their last goodbyes to their children. 

Y/N walked quickly towards the train beside Ron, Harry and Hermione as the quickly hopped inside right before the train started to move.