19

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

The holidays ended much quicker than any of them had expected, shortly after new year's, student began to return and fill up the common room. Harry and Ron were furious at Hermione, they couldn't possibly believe she would do such a foul thing as to take away Harry's broom.

Y/N understood why she was worried, but she managed to conceal her annoyance upon seeing Harry and Ron practically ignored her. She'd hadn't been particularly been avoiding Y/N, but they only time Y/N would see Hermione was at night in the dormitory, or during meals and classes, she managed to run off to the library during her free time.

Classes started again. The last thing anyone felt like doing was spending two hours on the grounds on a raw January morning.

Hagrid had provided a bonfire full of salamanders for their enjoyment, and they spent an unusually good lesson collecting dry wood and leaves to keep the fire blazing while the flame-loving lizards scampered up and down the crumbling, white-hot logs. 

The first Divination lesson of the new term was much less fun, Professor Trelawney was now teaching them palmistry, and she lost no time in informing Harry that he had the shortest life line she had ever seen.

Y/N was growing tired of repeatedly having Professor Trelawney claim that Harry was going to die.

"Still looks ill, doesn't he?" said Ron as they walked down the corridor to the great hall for dinner. "What d'you reckon's the matter with him?"

There was a loud and impatient "tuh" from behind them. 

It was Hermione, who sat on a bench.

"And what are you tutting at us for?" said Ron irritably.

"Nothing," said Hermione, bringing her bag back over her shoulder. 

"Yes, you were," said Ron. "I said I wonder what's wrong with Lupin, and you —"

"Well, isn't it obvious?" said Hermione, with a look of  superiority.

"If you don't want to tell us, don't," snapped Ron.

"Fine," said Hermione in annoyance, and she marched off.

"She doesn't know," said Ron, staring resentfully after Hermione. "She's just trying to get us to talk to her again."

"You know, you should stop being so rude to her, she was only trying to look out for Harry" Y/N said. Ron rolled his eyes.

"Harry doesn't have a broom now!" He said. Y/N huffed and looked at Harry for support of any sort. He didn't say anything for or against her. She sighed and went after Hermione.

Time seemed to go by rather quickly as classes began to get more difficult. Harry would disappear for his anti-dementor lessons and quidditch practices most of the time, leaving Y/N with Ron and Hermione.

Y/N,

Nymphadora is going to be here tomorrow after dinner. She'll meet with you at my office

I happen to really enjoy treacle tarts.

A.P.W.B.D

"Am I supposed to bring some treacle tarts?" Y/N asked confusedly as Harry read the letter. 

"No" Harry said in amusement, "it's the password for his office"

"Ohhh" Y/N said in realization, she looked up to see Harry with a smirk on his face.