50

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

"I dunno Sirius..." Harry said. He was starting to rethink everything, he didn't want to hurt Y/N's feelings, that is... if she even got jealous. But no, he couldn't even fathom the idea of possibly hurting her.

Sirius sat down on the floor, still eating his scone, "You don't know about what?"

Harry paused for a moment. "Well.. plans like this don't typically work, and.. I really don't want to mess this up Sirius.." Harry said with a small sigh. He was starting to wonder whether Remus would've been the better person to ask.

Sirius rolled his eyes, letting out a slow drawn out sigh. "Alright.. okay.. no jealousy will be instilled," Sirius said, noticing how serious Harry seemed to be about this. "My plan will be brilliant though, it'll mostly depend on you Harry, I'm not going to tell you exactly what to say, or tell you what to buy, or do, im only going to guide you, we can speak more about this some other time, Y/N, Hermione, Ron must be wondering what's taking so long"

Harry nodded and stood up along with Sirius, Sirius stepped closer to Harry pulling him into a hug. "Be careful with the third task, I'm sure everything will be great." he pulled away, ruffling his hair much like he used to do with James. The resemblance never ceased to amaze him.

"Just be confident with her," Sirius said as Harry attempted to flatten out his hair, "not cocky or arrogant, that's why your dad was stuck in the friendish zone for so long"

Harry nodded, somewhat confused. "Okay.. and- how do I do that?"

Sirius grabbed Harry's shoulders, flipping and walking him towards the exit, "That, Prongs junior," he patted Harry's head. "Is for you to figure out, and for me.. to get vivid storytimes about" he grinned, pushing Harry out of the dimness of the cave.

This, of course, was absolutely no help to Harry.

"But-"

"Goodbye!" Sirius said, waving at Y/N, Hermione, Ron, and Remus who were already at the bottom of the mountain.

With a sigh of frustration, Harry made his way down.

***

Y/N, Hermione, and Ron didn't bother questioning Harry about what Sirius had told him, memories of his parents were private and they didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

Harry did his very best to try and think of ways that he could be more confident, he himself thought that he was fairly confident, he wasn't necessarily a shy person, his eyes lingered on Y/N from time to time to see if maybe her eyes lingered on him as much as his eyes lingered on her.

Harry found that when he glanced over at her, sometimes she'd be looking at him, they both glanced away awkwardly, which he found to be weird. Y/N wasn't an awkward person at all, he'd only caught glimpses of that side when she was with him.

The second long eye contact told him nothing, after all, it was probably just a coincidence that she glanced in his direction.

Y/N too was starting to notice his gaze, those moments where their eyes would lock across the room gave her a feeling like no other.

It was starting to piss her off.

Harry James Potter.

He's supposed to be her best friend, the boy she grew up to know and love.

But that love was in a friendly way. Now, her stupidity, hormones, and horrific thoughts were going to ruin that.

How could she let this happen?