34

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

Y/N closed her eyes in an attempt to sleep.

That attempt lasted several hours, she decided it was no use. 

Her mind was clouded with worry. Is he alright? Was he planning on flying buckbeak again? And who was he with?

She sighed and stood up. Y/N put on a comfortable sweater and didn't bother changing out of her pyjama pants, it was far too early.

In the beginning of the summer (the first two weeks before she had stormed into the Dursley's house and demanded Harry), she was in a desperate need for more books, something to ease her boredom. Since she couldn't quite drive herself to a library, she looked inside her mother's office. 

She'd read most of them, most fictional fantasy books, romances with different tropes. 

Y/N scanned the small book shelf to find one that she hadn't read yet. 

Odd.

She reached for a particular book that seemed to be strategically placed in the back, behind taller books. 

Hidden? 

Her mother had attempted (and failed) to hide this particular book, so of course, she decided to read it.

Never in her life had she expected to come across such.. explicit.. detailed.. writing.

It was rather intriguing. Over the following days, she found more of those types of books. 

Why her mother had such mature books.. she'd never understand, nor would she ever ask. 

She continued to read them, because.. why not..

That's when the mokeskin pouch Draco had given her last Christmas became useful, only she could pull out the contents of her bag. 

These books weren't something she particularly wished for someone to find.

She pulled out one of the books, and exited the dorm quietly. She walked down to the common room and sat down on the sofa, sinking into it comfortably.

Then she began to read.

It wasn't until the sun had just begun to rise that Y/N slammed the book shut at the sound of faint footsteps. 

She turned around to see Harry walking down the stairs, very quietly.

He too was dressed very casually, the usual messy black hair with a pale grey hoodie.

"Y/N?" He said, noticing her. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't sleep" she said.

"Me either" Harry said as he walked forward, grabbing a sheet of parchment from the table in front of her. "I have a plan.." he said as he grabbed a quill and began to write.

Y/N quirked a brow in intrigue as she moved towards Harry, peering over his shoulder to see what he was writing.

Dear Sirius,

I reckon I just imagined my scar hurting, I was half asleep when I wrote to you last time. There's no point coming back, everything's fine here. Don't worry about me, my head feels completely normal.

Harry finished writing and put the quill down, folding the parchment neatly.

Y/N knew that Harry was only trying to protect Sirius from risking himself, but Sirius was the only person that could try to help Harry.