10

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

The first week of school had gone very quickly. Professor Lupin's class had easily become the favorite among all the students who claimed him to be the best Defense Against the Dark Art teacher so far. Y/N continued to notice how Professor Lupin's gaze would linger on her, almost as if he wanted to talk to her but her never did. 

After Professor Snape had found out about Neville boggart, he had been in a noticeably worse mood than usual, the simple mention of Professor Lupin's name in his classroom was enough to take away house points.

The things that most annoyed Y/N were Parvati and Lavender. Ever since the first Divination class they would constantly go back to visit Professor Trelwaney and return with annoyingly superior looks on their faces, as if they knew more than everyone else. It was worse at night. Parvati would sit on Lavender's bed and they would shut the curtains talking in hushed whispers or hours. Y/N kept a mental note to ask one of the professors for a silencing charm.

"Y/N can you look at this, I can't tell if it's Aries or Austrinus" Ron said looking at the constellation charts for Astronomy.

"What number?" Y/N asked from across the table.

"7" Ron answered looking closely at the shapes.

"Oh it's-"

"Don't tell him!" Hermione looked up from her furious scribbling. "How will he learn if you give him the answer?"

Ron scoffed at Hermione crossing his arms. "It's just one"

"And what if that 'one' question happens to be on a quiz!" Hermione argued.

They continued to bicker with Y/N leaning back on her chair watching in amusement.

The portrait door swung open and Y/N turned her head to see the Gryffindor Quidditch team return from their first practice.

"Shit" she muttered quickly stuffing her school things into her bag swinging it over her shoulder. Just as she was about to make a run for it, Fred managed to grab onto her wrist and he and George both pulled her into a big sweaty hug.

"Thought you could get away eh?" Fred said laughing.

"Much much too slow for us" George added with a laugh. Y/N grimaced in disgust feeling their sweatiness. 

She managed to pull away. "I don't appreciate this tradition" she said crossing her arms and staring at the two of them.

"First practice every year, ah the memories" Fred said with a smirk. Y/N rolled her eyes playfully.

"This 'tradition' ends this year, I'll be stuffed away in my dorm next year" 

"A challenge Freddie" George said with a goofy smile.

"We'll see about that" Fred said with a smirk finally turning away to their dorms with George.

Y/N turned back around. 

"-you don't see me asking for answers!" Hermione continued to bicker.

"That's because you're naturally smart!" Ron said back.

"No one's naturally smart!" Hermione exclaimed. "You just have to put some effor-"

"Ron, it's Aries" Y/N said in attempt to end their argument.

"Thank you" Ron said frantically writing the answer.

"Y/N!" Hermione said looking at her disapprovingly. Y/N merely shrugged making Hermione huff and return to her own homework.