61

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 LOVE LOVE LOVE 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

She had decided.

Y/N liked Harry. And from the way he looked at her, the softness in his eyes, the slight touches, the reddening of his cheeks.

Harry liked her too.

She'd been fucking blind not to have realized.

It was rather simple in her mind, she'd flirt, subtly of course, just to give him the hint.

She was 97 percent sure he felt the same way.

That 3 percent was weighing her down.

As much as she'd like to just kiss him and see what his response was, she couldn't risk it. That was far too much, it was far too direct, and if it went wrong, she would've ruined their friendship.

But she could do things that are subtle yet very clear.

She only hoped Harry wouldn't be too oblivious to see past it.

She had already started the night prior.

"Y/N come on, its late and we have to be up really early tomorrow" Harry said, watching as Y/N tried to stuff all of the chocolate croissants into one box. She groaned in annoyance as the box popped open again.

"Sleep is for the weak" she said, huffing in defeat as she took some off and put it into the other box.

Harry couldn't help the grin that threatened his lips. "Yeah, weak like your legs when you complain about walking all day"

Y/N let out a playful scoff, walking over to their shared bed as she pulled the covers open, settling into her spot. "Oh please, as if you wouldn't rush to carry me around like some wounded princess the moment I ask" she said, grabbing a small container of chapstick, taking some onto her finger and smearing it onto her lips.

Harry blinked at her.

Because yes.

he would.

"Speechless Harold?" Y/N teased, meeting his eyes as he regained himself. He rolled his eyes in a playful manner.

"As if you wouldn't enjoy every second of it, hm?" He said, turning off the lamp on his side of the bed.

Y/N settled herself further into the bed and pressed herself closer to Harry.

"Of course I would" she said, meeting Harry's eyes as she smiled softly. "I'd get to look at you, and, you're bloody gorgeous" She said, the teasing in her voice gone. Y/N leaned forward, pressing a kiss to Harry's cheek.

The daily goodnight kiss.

Except she had purposefully kissed the corner of his lips.

A simple mistake, except not really.

And god, it almost felt like an ache.

Just an inch to the right and she'd feel his lips on hers again.

Oh how she longed for that.

Harry felt like his heart was pounding against his chest. If she hadn't turned off the light, she would've seen just how dumbfounded her words has left him.