56

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

Y/N felt herself slam flat into the ground, the sound of cheering and the Hogwarts band was loud against their ears.

She took several breaths, it all felt surreal. She didn't know what to do with herself.

Voldemort was back.

He was back and he was going to be after Harry.

"Y/N-" Harry said, seizing her into a tight hug, he let out a relieved sigh, her arms wrapping around him aswell.

She was okay.

Y/N clung to him, her face buried into his shoulder as he kissed the top of her head.

God, everything could have gone so much differently.

And why did she feel the sudden urge to kiss him.

It was most definitely not the time for that.

She pulled back, her eyes scanning him for wounds.

"Merlin Harry— your arm." She said, taking it into her hand as he winced softly. Then gash was so deep, blood staining his arm and the cloth surrounding it.

"I'm fine, your leg is hurt," he said, brushing off his own pain as his concern grew for her.

"Harry! Harry!" Dumbledore said cheerfully. "Miss Black?-"

"He's back," Harry whispered. "He's back. Voldemort."

"What's going on? What's happened?" Said Cornelius Fudge, confused by the lack of cheering on Harry's behalf.

The crowd in the background was still cheering loudly.

And then Harry realized.

"There's— there's a Death Eater at Hogwarts! There's a Death Eater here — they put my name in the Goblet of Fire, they made sure I got through to the end —"

"—It's Moody!" Y/N said, not remembering why she had waited until now to say it.

It had been stupid of her.

Y/N tried her best to stand, but she nearly collapsed at the sudden pain that shot through her.

"I beg your pardon?" Fudge said, he didn't look the slightest bit impressed.

Harry looked at Y/N like she was crazy.

"Polyjuice potion" she said, "he's Barty crouch— junior! He's the one who took me to the graveyard— Stop looking at me like that!" She said, fighting through the pain in her leg as she forced herself to stand.

"Are you absolutely certain?" Dumbledore asked.

"Yes"

Fudge scoffed. "You're going to believe the child of that delinquent? She's lying!"

Dumbledore completely ignored him.

He turned on his heel, he raised his wand to his neck, amplifying his voice. "All students are to return to their common rooms, now!"

Harry looked confused. "I thought crouch's son was dead?"

"Me too," Y/N said.

***

Professor McGonagall had taken Y/N and Harry to the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey tended to their wounds. She listed them off as she muttered angrily under her breath.