17

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

Hogsmeade looked like a Christmas card; the little cottages and shops were all covered in a layer of white pristine snow, there were holly wreaths on the doors and strings of enchanted candles hanging in the trees.

The cold December air made the four of them shiver. They headed up the street, heads bowed against the wind, Ron and Hermione shouting through their scarves.

"That's the post office —"

"Zonko's is up there —"

"We could go up to the Shrieking Shack —"

"Tell you what," said Ron, his teeth chattering, "shall we go for a butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks?"

They all collectively agreed. They crossed the road, and in a few minutes were entering the tiny inn, It was extremely crowded, noisy, warm, and smoky. 

"That's Madam Rosmerta," said Ron pointing a short beautiful woman who was serving a group of Wizards. "I'll get the drinks, shall I?" he added, going slightly red.

Harry, Hermione and Y/N made their way to the back of the room, where there was a small, vacant table between the window and a beautiful Christmas tree, which stood next to the fireplace. Ron came back five minutes later, carrying four foaming tankards of hot butterbeer.

"Merry Christmas!" he said happily, raising his tankard.

They all drank. It was the most delicious thing Y/N had ever tasted and seemed to heat every bit of her from the inside out. 

There was a sudden breeze and the door of the Three Broomsticks had opened again.

 Harry looked over the rim of his tankard and his eyes widened.

Professors McGonagall and Flitwick had just entered the pub with a flurry of snowflakes, shortly followed by Hagrid, who was deep in conversation with a  man — Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic.

In an instant, Y/N and Hermione had both placed hands on the top of Harry's head and forced him off his stool and under the table. 

The teachers' and Fudge's moved toward the bar, then turned and walk right towards them. 

Hermione whispered, "Mobiliarbus!"

The Christmas tree beside their table rose a few inches off the ground, drifted sideways, and landed with a soft thump right in front of their table, hiding them from view. 

Y/N stared tensely through the thick branches of the Christmas tree and then heard the grunts and sighs of the teachers and minister as they sat down.

Next Madam Rosemerta walked toward the Professor carrying a tray of drinks

"A small gillywater —"

"Mine," said Professor McGonagall's voice.

"Four pints of mulled mead —"

"Ta, Rosmerta," said Hagrid.

"A cherry syrup and soda with ice and umbrella —"

"Mmm!" said Professor Flitwick, smacking his lips.

"So you'll be the red currant rum, Minister."

"Thank you, Rosmerta, m'dear," said Fudge's voice. "Lovely to see you again, I must say. Haveone yourself, won't you? Come and join us..."