14

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days. The theories about how he had entered the castle became wilder and wilder.

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat gray pony. Nobody was very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half his time challenging people to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicated passwords, which he changed at least twice a day.

"He's a complete lunatic," said Seamus Finnigan angrily to Percy. "Can't we get anyone else?"

"None of the other pictures wanted the job," said Percy. "Frightened of what happened to the Fat Lady. Sir Cadogan was the only one brave enough to volunteer." Sir Cadogan, however, was the least of Y/N's worries. 

She desperately wanted to talk to him again, she wasn't afraid, he had his chance to hurt her and he didn't. All she wanted was an explanation.

Y/N's metamorphmagus abilities were steadily increasing as the days passed, she practiced with Hermione every night, she was now able to manipulate her eye color easily and changing hair colors became simple and took little to no effort.

"In 1764 which magical creature was at war with giants?" Cedric asked as he quizzed Y/N for her history of magic quiz.

"Uhhh-" Y/N said sitting at the edge of the couch. "Mountain trolls?" She said making it sound more of a question than an answer.

"Centaurs" Cedric said. Y/N groaned in annoyance and Cedric smiled in amusement. 

"I hate that class, why the bloody hell do I need to know all these things?" She huffed slouching back against the couch.

Cedric shrugged. "It's good for jobs like being a curse breaker, or working with old magical artifacts. Any idea what you want to work as?"

Y/N took a couple seconds to think, it hadn't really occurred to her that she'd need to chose a career. Being an Auror sounded interesting, but she didn't fancy the idea of essentially being a magical police officer.

"I dunno" she said 

"In fifth year you'll meet with your head of house and they'll tell you which options you have" Cedric said.

"Really? What do you want to work as?"

"I want to be a quidditch scout, I don't think I'm good enough to play professionally but I'd say I have a good eye for seeing if people play well"

"What do you mean? You're brilliant! I bet you could play professionally for any team, besides the Gryffindor team has noticed a huge improvement in the Hufflepuff team ever since you became captain" 

Cedric flushed slightly from the compliments, he'd be lying if he said he didn't find it very flattering. "You really think so?" He asked.

Y/N nodded with a smile, "You're one of the best seekers at Hogwarts"

***

"No"

"Why not! It could be incredible, besides you've been getting much better" Hermione said leaning onto Y/N's bed post.

"And what if I get stuck? Or can't turn back properly!" Y/N argued.

"But- I read about it, as long as you concentrate you could easily do it" Hermione pleaded. Every since finding out Y/N was a metamorphmagus she had dedicated hours of her life to finding out just how much Y/N was capable of doing, it was difficult not to be intrigued.