01

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

November 18 1981

Thomas Rendall was a surgeon at a nearby hospital meanwhile Adelaine Rendall was a lawyer.

"I don't like them Thomas" Adelaine said bitterly as she chopped a banana into small bite-sized chunks putting it into a small blue plastic bowl and handing it to Y/N.

"They've invited us for dinner, we're new to the neighborhood it'll be rude if we decline" Thomas said as he sipped a cup of coffee. 

"I've seen their son! He's a demon child" Adelaine exclaimed.

"It's just one dinner dear, besides they seem like er... nice people" he said. Adelaine scoffed plopping a blueberry into her mouth.

"Fine, we'll go. But if that child starts to scream I'm leaving" she huffed. 

Adelaine and Thomas Rendall went to dinner with the Dursley's. It had gone oddly well, Petunia Dursley proudly introduced their son Dudley who happened to be the same age as Y/N. Even as a one year old, Y/N managed to show her disliking towards the pig-like boy by whining everytime he got too close to her. 

While the Dursley's were having a nice dinner with the Rendall's Harry was shoved in his cupboard locked away.

June 23 1989

"Mum I don't want to go to Dudley's birthday party! He's a little brat" Y/N whined as her mother moved a piece of hair out of her face.  Adelaine let out a small sigh, it was no secret that Y/N despised Dudley, at first it was simply a small distaste but the moment she had begun to attend primary school and met a boy by the name of Harry Potter she grew a hatred toward the chubby boy. 

"Y/N dear, I'm sorry that you don't like Dudley. But we have to go, it's only respectful that we attend at least for a little while. She pouted crossing her arms dramatically and sighing loudly. Adelaine's lips turned upwards as she watched her daughter be over dramatic. 

"I don't even think Harry's going!" She exclaimed. "He's the only person I can stand, everyone else listens to Dudley like his little servants"

"Who is this Harry boy you always talk about?" Adelaine questioned.

"He's my best friend!" Y/N exclaimed with a big smile. "Dudley's a bully to everyone at school but he's even meaner to Harry" 

"You should invite Harry and his parents over for dinner one day" Adelaine suggested

"Can I! " Y/N asked with wide eyes.

"Of course dear" Adelaine said smiling down at her daughter. "Now you've got to wear this" She said pulling out a light blue dress. Y/N groaned but listened to her mother and got changed into the small dress.

"We'll leave in a few minutes" Adelaine said stepping out of her daughter's room. 

***

"Hello Petunia, Vernon" Thomas said shaking Vernon's sausage like hand as they opened to door. Y/N stood beside her mother very annoyed at having to be here. 

"Hello! Please do come in" Petunia said with a smile.

"There's the birthday boy!" Thomas said upon seeing Dudley. 

"Hello Mr and Mrs Rendall" Dudley said politely. His eyes lit up when he saw a gift bag in Y/N's hands.

Adelaine lightly nudged her daughter so she would hand the gift. She internally rolled her eyes and handed Dudley the gift bag which he snatched eagerly.