51

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹.

Hate mail continued to arrive for Y/N over the following week, she stopped opening them and resorted to simply lighting them on fire. Many of the letters were howlers that shouted several profanities at her the moment they were delivered, she dunked those in glasses of water to drown out the noise.

She earned glares from the Hufflepuffs who assumed she had broken Cedric's heart and Harry began to receive treats, sweets, and loads of pity mail.

Though Ron protested very much, Harry threw away each and every piece of mail that he received, he didn't think it was right.

"Y/N" Hermione questioned, "did you see that Skeeter woman listening when Cedric pulled you out from the water?"

"No.." she said, trying to remember, she was sure that if Skeeter was there, she'd remember.

Hermione pressed her lips together. "I want to know how she's listening into private conversations when she's supposed to be banned from the grounds," Hermione said, shoving a spoonful of oats into her mouth.

***

Hex-deflection

It was by far one of the most rigorous lessons they'd had all year.

They stood in a line, everyone cautious as Moody flung hexes at them, each student having to block it off.

Harry had been before Y/N, taking the twitchy ears jinx right at him without success at blocking it off.

Next was Y/N, she barely had time to even flick her wand before the jelly legs jinx had hit her. Harry had to help her walk to a chair.

Some students left class to the hospital wing, nursing small injuries, but that's how the entirety of the class had gone by.

"Black," Moody said, calling her name before she was able to step out of the room. Harry, Hermione, and Ron also turned to look back. "I'd like a word," he said, motioning her to step back in.

She shared a wary glance with the three of them, she didn't particularly like Moody, he was a good teacher she supposed, but it was almost like he had a lingering aura around him all the time, she didn't know what it was, but she didn't like it.

"I'll meet you back at the common room," She told them as she took a step back into the classroom.

"So," Moody said, walking over and sitting at his desk. "I heard about that little stunt you pulled in Snape's classroom," he said, his real eye looking at her while his fake eye scanned around the classroom.

So it was just about that.

"Oh. Yes, Snape already assigned me detention for that" she said.

"No, No." Moody said, "You misunderstand me, I'm referring to your capabilities with your metamorphic powers, I believe they happen to be extraordinary," he said.

Y/N didn't quite know what to say, she stayed silent as he continued.

"Would you be open to furthering your powers? Perhaps exploring new lengths, your power is very rare, it could be useful in so many different ways, I have never seen metamorphic powers up close prior to this, it truly is incredible"

Y/N furrowed an eyebrow.

Was he not Tonks's auror mentor? She had mentioned him several times. "Er- thank you, Professor... But, that won't be necessary"