16

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

The days went on mostly the same. Harry was forced to stay at the hospital wing for the remainder of the weekend. Y/N, Hermione and Ron stayed with him most of the time and only left at night to go to sleep.  

Dumbledore had finally reached out to Y/N about her training sessions with the more experienced Metamorphmagus(Nymphadora Tonks). She was scheduled to meet with her a couple times in January, Tonks was on a tight schedule since she was still in Auror training and needed to be there for the majority of the time.

When the four of them returned to classes on Monday, Harry was taunted and made fun of (by the Slytherins) for losing the match. It was incredibly annoying to both Ron and Y/N, Draco was almost beside himself with glee at Gryffindor's defeat. 

He had finally taken off his bandages, and celebrated having the full use of both arms again by doing  imitations of Harry falling off his broom. He spent much of their next Potions class doing Dementor imitations across the dungeons. 

Ron finally cracked and flung a large crocodile heart at Malfoy, which hit him in the face and caused Snape to take fifty points from Gryffindor.

"If Snape's teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts again, I'm skiving off," said Ron as they headed toward Lupin's classroom after lunch. 

"Check who's in there, Hermione."

Hermione peered around the classroom door and exclaimed "It's okay!"

Professor Lupin was back. He looked as though he had been ill. Y/N felt bad for the professor, well technically her Godfather... it was still weird to call him that. His old robes were hanging more loosely on him and there were dark shadows beneath his eyes; nevertheless, he smiled at the class as they took their seats, and they burst at once into an explosion of complaints about Snape's behavior while Lupin had been ill.

"It's not fair, he was only filling in, why should he give us homework?"

"We don't know anything about werewolves —"

"— two rolls of parchment!"

"Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered them yet?" Lupin asked, frowning slightly. The babble broke out again.

"Yes, but he said we were really behind —"

"— he wouldn't listen —"

"— two rolls of parchment!"

Professor Lupin smiled at the look of exhaustion on every face."Don't worry. I'll speak to Professor Snape. You don't have to do the essay."

Y/N groaned in annoyance and shot Hermione a small glare. "I told you we wouldn't have to do it!" She said.

Hermione had practically forced Y/N to complete the assignment with her the night it was assigned to 'get ahead'

The essay however,  allowed Y/N and Hermione to figure out that Professor Lupin was a werewolf. Everything lined up, his boggart and he was always ill during full moons. She made a mental note to ask him about it after class.

"I've already finished it!" Hermione said looking very disappointed.

They had a very enjoyable and exciting lesson. Professor Lupin had brought along a glass box containing a Hinkypunk, a little one-legged creature who looked as though he were made of wisps of smoke, rather frail and harmless looking.