64

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 LOVE LOVE LOVE 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

This is an old a/n which is why it has so many reads, also this took WAY longer than I thought

***

Y/N and Tonks were as close as ever. As part of the order, Tonks was at Grimmauld place pretty often, and even though Tonks' metamorphmagus ability was far more advanced than Y/N's, they always had their fair share of fun with it.

Tonks often rested around in her Hamster form, though she had to be cautious because Crookshanks often tried to eat her. 

"M-m-morning, Y/N, Harry," yawned Tonks, Her hair was blonde and curly this morning. "Sleep all right?"

"Yeah,"

"God no,"

Y/N and Harry both replied at the same time. Tonks gave them a tired grin, "I've b-b-been up all night," she said, with another shuddering yawn. "Come and sit down. . . ." She drew out a chair, knocking over the one beside it in the process, Harry managed to grab it on the way down, preventing the loud clatter. 

"What do you kids want," Mrs. Weasley called. "Porridge? Muffins? Kippers? Bacon and eggs? Toast?"

"Just — just toast, thanks," said Harry.

"Ohh a muffin sounds good" Y/N added, watching as Winky popped in front of her, placing an orange muffin in her hand.

Mrs. Weasley placed a couple of pieces of toast and marmalade in front of Harry, he thanked her, but looked at the food as if it were trying to hurt him. Mrs. Weasley sat down on his other side and started fussing with his T-shirt, tucking in the label and smoothing out creases across the shoulders. 

Y/N bit into her muffin, enjoying the citrusy flavor. Noticing that Harry didn't seem interested in eating, Y/N grabbed a price of toast and began to spread the marmalade on top of it.  Y/N too was worried about the trial, but it was no reason to spend the day with an empty stomach. "Eat once slice and I'll be satisfied" Y/N said, grabbing a handful of blueberries and placing them on her own plate, then repeating the action with Harry's. He bit into the toast. 

". . . and I'll have to tell Dumbledore I can't do night duty tomorrow, I'm just t-t-too tired," Tonks finished, yawning hugely again.

"I'll cover for you," said Mr. Weasley. "I'm okay, I've got a report to finish anyway. . . ."

Mr. Weasley was not wearing his usual wizard's robes but instead a pair of pinstriped trousers and an old bomber jacket. He turned from Tonks to Y/N and Harry. "How are you both feeling?"

The expression on their faces was enough of an indicator, as he continued.

"It'll all be over soon," Mr. Weasley said bracingly. "In a few hours' time you'll be cleared."

Y/N nodded, Harry took another bite out of his toast.

"The hearing's on my floor, in Amelia Bones's office. She's Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and she's the one who'll be questioning you."

"Amelia Bones is okay," said Tonks earnestly. "She's fair, she'll hear you out."

Sirius walked in, Remus right next too him as Sirius let out a long exaggerated yawn. "Don't lose your temper in there," said Sirius plucking the muffin out of Y/N's hand and tearing a piece off.

He grinned as Y/N shot a playful glare at him, winky popped in, placing a new muffin in each of their hands. "Thanks wink," Sirius turned back to face them, "Just be polite and stick to the facts."