45

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

Sirius was grinning widely as Y/N and Harry stood nearly frozen, both still only inches apart.

Remus took the camera, for a moment Y/N thought he was attempting to help.

Another bright flash and she was proven wrong.

"It's good quality!" Sirius exclaimed as Y/N and Harry both took a small step apart from each other. Both Y/N and Harry's cheeks were dusted with a light shade of pink.

She could still feel where Harry's hand had rested on her waist, and feeling of his lips pressed against hers lingered.

And there he stood, in all his glory.

Harry James Potter.

Her bestfriend.

The bestfriend she just kissed...

The bestfriend she wanted to kiss again...

Oh no..

"How do I get the picture?" Sirius said, snatching the camera from Remus' hand and shaking it aggressively, as though expecting for a copy to fly out.

"You're going to break it" Remus said, rolling his eyes and pulling the camera from Sirius' hands.

"Happy New Year's!" Thomas said with a smile as he walked towards them, he threw a handful of confetti which landed all around them. His eyes landed on the camera. "Oh— you've taken pictures! Can I see—"

"No!" Y/N and Harry said almost in perfect unison.

He raised an eyebrow. "No?-"

"How's everything" Adelaine said, as she too stepped towards them, handing both Remus and Sirius a glass of wine.

"Oh yeah, brilliant." Sirius said, sending a discreet wink in Harry and Y/N's direction. They both blushed.

"I'm afraid we'll have to go soon," Remus said, glancing at the time.

"Oh- no worries." Adelaine said with a soft smile, "It was lovely getting to meet you, you're both welcome here at absolutely anytime"

Thomas put his glass of wine down. "If you ever need anything, ask away, we'd be more than glad to help" He said, smiling, as he gently placed his hand on Adelaine's back.

Sirius and Remus smiled gratefully. "We'll be sure to remember that, thank you."

Adelaine nodded turning to Y/N and Harry, "it's getting rather late isn't it? say your goodbyes and off to bed"

Thomas smirked. "In your—"

Adelaine grabbed his wrist, yanking him away, Y/N finishing the sentance in her brain and glaring at the back of his head.

Y/N stepped towards Remus and Sirius, shoving the thoughts of having just kissed Harry to the back of her mind.

"Where are you both staying?" She asked, wanting to know if they were safe and comfortable.

"Moony has a small cottage in the middle of nowhere—"

"It's near a muggle campsite," Remus said, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah— like I said, the middle of nowhere. We've been staying there for the last few months" Sirius said, grinning at the look of mild annoyance on Remus' face.