02

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

August 4, 1991

"Professor? You're a teacher?" Y/N asked.

"That would be correct, I'm a professor at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry" Professor McGonagall said with a smile. Y/N looked at her mother and father who both had looks of pure bewilderment on their faces. She didn't to be tricked, especially not on her birthday.

"How do I know this isn't all just one big joke" Y/N asked with furrowed eyebrows. Professor McGonagall looked down at the young girl already expecting to be asked that, after her visit at the Granger's where little Hermione had bombarded her with questions, nothing fazed her anymore.

She pulled out her wand and transfigured a pair of white sneakers into a white cat with ginger spots.

"Woah!" Y/N exclaimed crouching down to the cat picking it up. "I can do that?!" She asked

"Well Miss Black it is definitely something you will be able to learn, with the permission of your parents of course" 

Y/N looked eagerly at her parents awaiting an answer.

"Oh wow— uhm.. Professor McGonagall is it..? Would you mind explaining a bit more?" Adelaine asked politely. Professor McGonagall had no problem in answering every single one of their questions, she explained how holidays would work, communication via owls, wizarding career paths, the currency, the school curriculum and answered any further questions that were asked.

Y/N listened in complete amazement. Her parents were completely supportive and even became intrigued by the idea of magic itself.

McGonagall explained to Y/N that she could not tell anyone about being a Witch or the Wizarding world in general. She agreed eagerly but felt a bit sad knowing that she would have to leave Harry behind for an entire year. She only hoped Dudley wouldn't be too mean.

"I'd be glad to take her to Diagon Alley which is a Wizard shopping town where Y/N can go and buy her school items, You're both more than welcome to come as well" Professor McGonagall said.

"That would be lovely, Thomas and I will stay here but thank you for the offer" Y/N's mother said smiling at the Professor. It completely tore her heart to only be able to see her daughter on during christmas and the summer, but she could see just how much Y/N had fallen in love with magic. 

Professor McGonagall nodded and pulled out a list of things she would need.

"Oh she'll need money!" Thomas said realizing, he pulled out his wallet. "How much will she need?" He asked Professor McGonagall. Y/N grabbed her father's wallet pulling out 4 bills of 50 pounds and tucking it into her pocket.

"I think this will do" Y/N said smiling up at her father and placing his wallet back in his hand. Thomas looked like he wanted to protest at her boldness in simply taking the money but refrained from doing do.

"I'll have her back by noon" Professor McGonagall said with a smile before leading Y/N out the door.

"How will get get there?" Y/N asked. McGonagall smiled at the girl then raised her arm. Within seconds there was a tall purple triple decker bus in front of them.

"We'll travel by the knight bus" McGonagall said. 

"Ello' Minnie" a man said handing his head out of the door. "Where ye headed to?"