Chapter 4

I wake up the next morning and realize it's my birthday. I sigh and stand up out of bed. I walk to my closet and grab my jeans, white v-neck, black pumps, and a leather jacket. I walk downstairs and Sofia and Jake are talking while Sofia makes breakfast. "Shawn is taking the day off?" I ask Jake. "No your mom wants him to work security for your birthday." Jake says. I roll my eyes and walk to living room. I see presents, a lot. That take up the couches, coffee table, and fireplace. I widen my eyes and walk back to the kitchen. "Who dropped those off?" I ask. "You parents." Jake says. "Oh my god." I say. "I'm going to he office for awhile." I say. "On your birthday?" Sofia asks. I nod and she frowns. "Okay." she says. I smile and walk to the elevator with Jake following me.

When I get back from work Jamie is standing outside of the elevator smiling. "You look very I don't know like your up to something care to tell?" I ask smiling. "Nah but I do have to take you out tonight, you know about our deal." Jamie says smirking. I laugh and smile again. "Even if it wasn't a deal i'd still go." I say. Jamie smiles and nods. "Well your family wants you by 6 and it's 2 so I'll take you out for lunch." Jamie says. "Okay." I say and hand my keys to Jake. "Lead the way." I say smiling.

We end up going to the small coffee shop across from my job. "Your parents told me not to feed you and since you love coffee, well I decided here." Jamie says smiling. I smile and we walk in. "So what do you want?" Jamie asks. "Um ice coffee, please." I say and go to find us a table. Lucky I find one and sit down. Jamie soon comes back with our drinks, and he gets the same thing as I did. "Thank you." I say as he hands me my drink. He nods and sits across from me. "So your leaving to visit all your locations for your job next week?" Jamie asks. "Yes, which is New York, Texas, Seattle, Las Vegas, Oregon, London, Ireland, Chicago, and Florida." I say. "How long will that be?" Jamie asks. "Two weeks and 4 days." I say. "Oh." Jamie says. "You know you can come with me." I say laughing. "No it's your job I don't want to get between it." Jamie says. "Your ridiculous." I scoff. "No seriously you can go with me. I really don't mind." I say reaching for his hand across the table. "What about your company will they mind?" Jamie asks. "Jamie, I'm the CEO. They shouldn't." I say. "Right." Jamie says laughing. I smile and look out the window. People walking in and out of the large building I work in. "Plus I'm also going because if one of them is not neat or falling apart, I will have to stay and fix it." I say. "Oh." Jamie says frowning. "Jamie, I'm not leaving you." I say tilting my head. "Well, what if you do?" Jamie asks. "I won't." I say and squeeze his hand. He nods slowly and looks down at our hands.

Two hours pass and we finally leave and go to my house. I walk upstairs and smile as everyone is in the kitchen. "So I was thinking, since you guys never leave, why don't you guys just stay here as live here." I say laughing. Dakota and Eloise look at each other and look back at me. "That's some good thinking El." Dakota says smiling. I smile and turn to Jake. "Your mom called saying she's ready when you are." Jake says. I nod and look at Dakota. "I'm going to get ready." I say.

I change into a black tight strapless dress that goes above my knee, and black pumps. I quickly change and grab my purse. I walk downstairs and meet eyes with Jamie. He's wearing a different suit this time. I smile and he takes my hand. "You look perfect." He says. I smile and move close to him. "You look handsome." I say. He smiles and we walk through the living room to get to the elevator, and I notice all the presents are gone and smile. "There at your parents' house so don't get all happy." Jamie whispers. I roll my eyes and walk into the elevator.

We get to my parents house, and Dakota stares in surprise. "This is huge! Where do you parents work?" Rita asks. "My dad, a doctor and mom, an actress, and dancer." I say smiling. "That's where you get your dancing from?" Jamie asks. I nod and we walk into the house. "Happy birthday sweetie." My mom says kissing and hugging me. "Thanks mom." I say smiling. "Hi Jamie, Luke, Dakota, Rita, and Eloise. How are you?" My mom asks. "Great how are you?" Jamie says smiling. "Good, good." My mom says smiling. "Hi El, happy birthday." My dad says hugging me then shakes everyone's hand. "Happy birthday El." James says hugging me. "Thanks Jimmy." I say. "I thought his name was James." Dakota says. "I call him Jimmy." I say smiling. "Ohh." Dakota says smiling. James hugs all the girls then shakes all the boys' hands. "Happy birthday Eleanor!" Alex and Andrea says walking towards me. "Thank you." I say and hug them both. Andrea hugs everyone and Alex shakes everyone's hands. "Have you told mom and dad about Jamie and you?" Andrea whispers to me. "I was thinking about tonight before dinner." I say smiling. "Good idea." Andrea says. I nod and we all walk to the living room. All my family wishes me happy birthday and say hi to everyone. My cousin Natalie walks up to me and smiles. "Aw happy birthday El." She says hugging me. I smile and hug her back. "These are my friends Jamie, Dakota, Luke, Rita, and Eloise." I say. She smiles and shakes everyone's hands and stares at Jamie. Jamie awkwardly smiles at her then turns to me. I give him a worried look and tap my glass. Everyone turns to me and I stand from the couch. "I have an announcement." I say. Everyone nods for me to continue. "Most of you always say id find the perfect one, well to me he is, and his name is Jamie, Jamie Dornan." I say. Everyone gasps and awes but Natalie widens her eyes and frowns. Jamie smiles and stands up. "I'm glad you got me out of that one." Jamie whispers to me and wraps his arm around my waist. I smile and nod. He leans down to kiss me quickly. "Your very weird today." I say laughing. "Me?" Jamie asks. I nod and laugh. "I'm opening up to you." He says smiling.