Chapter 9

I wake up the next day feeling empty. I roll out of bed and stand up. Sofia walks in and hands me my coffee. I thank her and walk into my closet to pick out my clothes. I take my black skater skirt, white long sleeve collared shirt, and black heel booties.

I quickly take a shower and change. I pin my hair in a bun and walk downstairs. Rita is in the kitchen eating pancakes and bacon. "Good morning." I say and walk to Sofia and grab my plate. "Good morning." Rita say smiling. I smile and sit down in front of her. "So today I get out at 1 so Jake will take you to pick me up and we can go to the mall if you want." I say. Rita nods and drinks some of her orange juice. "Okay I'll see you later." I say and hug her before leaving with Shawn.

I get to work and everyone is already bugging me about our printer. "Okay I'll call Dan he will gladly give us a new one now please there is one on the third level use it." I say before walking inside my office. Amanda stands there with my schedule. "Only one meeting today Miss. Carmen which is with Jose from New York to talk about his book." Amanda says. "Why didn't he just go to our location is New York?" I ask. "He wanted to talk to the CEO." she says. I nod and sit down in my office chair.

When I finish the meeting I walk out the office and I'm greeted by Shawn. I nod at him and we walk out the building. Rita stands by the car with Jake by her side. I smile and get into the backseat with her.

We get to the mall and I go to the bathroom to get out of my uncomfortable work clothes. I change into skinny jeans, a peach top, and black flats. I hand my work clothes to Shawn and he walks to the car to put them away. I unclip my hair from it's bun and let it lose.

Rita drags me into a dress store and stares in excitement. "What?" I ask smiling. "You need a dress for the red carpet." Rita says smiling. "Why?" I ask laughing. "Because Jamie is taking you to the Grammy's, duh." Rita says smirking. "But I have dresses!" I say. Rita shakes her head and smirks at the dresses. "Come on El I know you want to." Rita says wiggling her eyebrows. I shake my head and stand by the entrance and stare at her. "You will come into here if you like it or not missy." Rita says and drags me in.

I've tried about a thousands dresses and finally we pick one. A long black lace fit and flare dress. We pay for it and it will be shipped out next week. "You will rock that dress on the carpet." Rita says smiling. I roll my eyes and we continue to shop.

When we get home I end up buying another dress for another award thing for Jamie. I laugh at how Rita is so worried about these things.

When I get to my room I call Jamie but he doesn't answer. I frown and throw my phone on the bed. It rings and I rush to answer it. "Hello?" I say. "Eleanorrr!" Dakota slurs. I laugh and shake my head. "Dakota are you drunk?" I say laughing. "Yep, before we shoot! I'm so bad!" She says slurring again. "Where are you?" I ask. "In Oregon! Duh!" She says. "Dakota where in Oregon." I say laughing. "In our hotel. Hotel club. Oh shit." Dakota says. "What happened?" I ask. "I have to go." She says then hangs up. I tilt my head and place my phone on my night dresser.

The next morning I wake up and remember I have to try on the dumb brides mate dress. I walk to my closet and grab my peach dress and black heels. I quickly do my morning routine.

When I get to the dress place I walk in. Samantha smiles and I see my old friends. Jenna, Kendall, Nina, and Daisy. I greet them then look at Samantha. "Who am I walking down the aisle with?" I ask. "Your boyfriend if you want to I'm sure my fiancé won't mind." Samantha says. "Oh I don't think Jamie will, he's filming his movie right now, and he's too busy." I say. Samantha frowns and I nod. "Well go try this on." Jenna says handing me a grey bobbin net dress with illusion necklace.

When I put it down I walk out and they all smile. "That's the one." Samantha says. I smile and walk to the dressing room to take it off. When I walk back out Samantha changes the tv channel to one of those rumor tv shows about celebrities. "Jamie Dornan caught with another girl at a club? What is Eleanor Carmen the most richest girl in the world going to say about this? Jamie you kissed it!" The reporter says, and picture pop up on the screen of Jamie with the girl. Dancing, kissing, and buying drinks. "I have to go. I'm sorry. E-mail me details of the wedding." I say to Samantha and grab my purse and walk out the door.