Chapter 24

In the picture ^ that is Eleanor Carmen played by Ana De Armas.

Once we finish getting our bags together we walk outside to the car and Jake packs them into the trunk of the van. "So Tyler will be staying here with everyone and Jake you will be coming with us right?" I ask. "Yes." He says. I nod and we say goodbye to everyone before getting into the car.

I sit in the middle of the car since Rota wanted to lean on the car door to sleep and Jamie couldn't fit in the middle. "Where is Brooklyn going to sit?" Jamie asks. "The front." I say and look at him but something in his eyes tells me something weird.

I stare outside Jamie's window as we go onto the freeway to drive to Brooklyn's house. We pass many trees and some snow that is starting to melt.

"So no sight seeing?" Jamie asks. "Well I have to visit my uncle and his business which is next to the Space Needle so we can go see that." I say. "Okay." Jamie says. "We can also walk around I guess by the docks." I add. He nods and we stop at Brooklyn's house.

I get out to greet the Beckham's and to tell them Brooklyn will do just fine. Brooklyn gets in the front and I introduce him to everyone.

I lean on Jamie and fall right asleep.

I wake up in a hotel and rub my eyes. I turn to the clock on the table and widening my eyes. "Shit." I say and quickly stand up. I run to Brooklyn who is fast asleep in the next room.

I lightly tap him making sure I don't hurt him but he doesn't move. "Brooklyn. It's time to get up." I whisper. He nods and stands up in his underwear. He blushes and makes himself to the bathroom in his room.

I laugh to myself and walk back to my room and start to get ready.

I change into a navy blue eyelet dress and white heels. I leave my hair down and brush it out to its natural straight form.

I walk downstairs and make myself coffee since Sofia isn't here. Brooklyn walks in and smiles. He is wearing dress pants, a black jacket, a red tie, and dress shoes. "Let me guess your dad and mom packed your bags." I say. "Correct." He says and sits down on the stool by the counter.

"Do you drink coffee?" I ask. "Oh no." He says and smiles politely. "Okay well we'll be leaving soon you think you can quietly go into my room and grab the manuscripts on my nightstand?" I ask. "Oh warning Jamie snores loud." I say. Brooklyn laughs and nods leaving.

I grab my purse and the keys to the car and tell Jake I will be leaving now with Brooklyn.

Brooklyn soon comes down and Jamie is following him. "Well good morning." I say. "Morning." Jamie says and leans down to kiss me. "I'll be back soon I just need to talk to the office." I say. Jamie nods and gives me a kiss and a hug before letting me leave with Brooklyn.

We get to the big building and Brooklyn stares in amazed. I laugh at his facial expressions and we walk in. "Miss. Carmen? What a special surprise." The manager Joe says. "Joe good to see you, may I call everyone in for meeting? Thank you." I say and walk towards the elevator.

Brooklyn stays next to my side as we enter the elevator alone. Brooklyn chuckles and I turn to him. "What's so funny?" I ask. "It's just his face when you demanded him to call everyone in for a meeting." He says. I smile and we walk out the elevator once we reach the correct floor.

We walk into the meeting room and everyone is there like everyone. Brooklyn stares again and I chuckle before sitting down in the chair that faces everyone. I point to the chair next to me and Brooklyn takes a seat.

"Okay does anyone know why we're here? Of course not. Well we are here because you guys are taking advantage of your publishing skills. Now name one book you have published in the last week?" I ask. Everyone begins to name some books that I haven't even heard of and silent everyone by standing up.

"All those books have not been selling that good, because they're not great, so before you take good notes on that manuscript read it two times for the hell of it read it five times. Get your reading skills straight because this building is on the road to being knocked down by cranes, due to the money loss of all of you. So get it straight." I yell and straighten out my dress before turning to Brooklyn.

He stands up quickly and fixes his tie and we walk out the meeting room. "What are their faces?" I ask Brooklyn as I keep walking. "Very scared and some are angry." He says honestly. "Okay are job here is done." I say and walk outside to Seattle's cold weather.

We walk to my car and drive back to the hotel. "So I was thinking you can be my assistant." I say to Brooklyn. "Half time that is." I add. "Well where would I work?" Brooklyn asks. "With my in LA." I say. "Okay I will, but I do have school." Brooklyn says. "That's what you would have half time mostly on Fridays after school or your early day puts or weekends. Also it will towards your credit for volunteering." I say. Brooklyn nods and I park the car before walking inside the hotel.

We walk inside the room and Rita and Jamie are on the couch watching tv and eating lunch. "So how did it go?" Jamie asks. "Good." I say. "Okay so did you guys want to go now or later?" I ask. "Now is fine let me just get change." Jamie says. "Brooklyn you wanna go with us?" I ask. "Where?" He asks. "The Space Needle and my uncles job to say hi." I say. "Sure let me just get change." He says. I nod and walk to my room.

I stay in what I'm wearing since I'm not that cold. I take my coat just in case I get cold though. Jamie walks out the bathroom wearing jeans, a tuxedo jacket, a white collared dress shirt, and black shoes.

"Jamie your collar." I say and laugh. I walk to him and fix it for him and he watches everyone move I make out of the corner of his eye. I smile and finish. "Let's go." I say.

We walk down to the car and Jamie sits in the front with me as Rita and Brooklyn sit in the back. "So what does your uncle do?" Jamie asks. "He try's to invent medical pills, healthy food, and other things." I say. "That's cool." Jamie says. "Ya I guess." I say laughing before turning into the parking lot.

We walk to the front door and they ask for my security card and I show them before walking in. "Miss. Carmen!" The front desk Johanna says surprise aka my cousin. "Hi." I say smiling. "Is he in his office?" I ask. She nods and I walk towards one of the elevators and everyone follows.

They ask for my security card again before I enter the room and I roll my eyes showing them the piece of plastic.

"Ahh Eleanor." My Uncle Miguel says. "And who may these people be?" He asks pointing to everyone. "These are my friends Brooklyn and Rita and this is my boyfriend Jamie." I say smiling. "Nice to meet you." Jamie says and shakes his hand. My uncle smiles and looks towards his window.

"Well I have a meeting in five so you guys can leave whenever you want." He says and looks at his watch. "Okay well I'm going by the house to go see the dogs then grabbing the rest of my stuff." I say. He nods and hugs me before saying goodbye to everyone else.