Chapter 16

When we get to the hospital I run inside towards the front desk, and ask for my brother. "Family?" The girl asks. I nod frantically and she nods. "Room 78b." She says. I nod and run to elevator and Jamie catches up to me. "Your fast." Jamie says. "I run everyone morning." I say to him. He nods and I keep pressing the elevator button hoping it will make it go faster. But it doesn't.

The doors finally open and I walk in and press the level James is on and the doors close shut. Jamie grabs my hand and I relax. I smile down at the ground and breath in and let go.

The doors open I run out looking for the number 78. I run into his room. James lays in his bed with tubes and needles connecting to him. I look to the side of his bed and an oxygen tank lays there. I frown and mom walks to me. "Darling he's okay." She says. "What happened?" I ask quickly. "Well it was homecoming game and he went to show support for his friends and someone brought a gun. He covered his friend to protect him and they shot him two times, in the chest and shoulder." Mom says. I close my eyes to stop myself from screaming and crying.

Jamie pulls me close to him and for the first time since our accident I hold onto him like my life counts on it. "They say it's up to him to fight back. But he better start fighting now or else he's gone. The gun shot in his chest was close to his heart, a little too close." Mom says. I collapse onto the chair next to his bed and grab his hand.

I stay like this for an hour or two because this may be the last time I touch or see him. I know I shouldn't hold him back because in life people come and go sometimes to fast and sometimes to slow or just the right time. I mean James never got to graduate high school, he will know the feeling of going on that stage and earning his diploma. Ever. He will never know the feeling of a girl loving him so much that she would stand on that altar with him or the feeling of having kids with the one he loves or stepping in those collage doors. That hurts just for me. I kiss his hand before going close to his ear. "Run to the doors of heaven as if it was your life support." I whisper before standing up and walking out the room.

Jamie stands up quickly and grabs my hand. "Let's go home." I say. "Call me if any news comes out." I say to my family before turning on my feet. "Your not staying?" Dad asks. "James literally has nothing here except for me, why would he fight back? You and mom don't pay attention I him. You pay more attention to your son in law then him. Andrea if I added up the words you spoke to James vs the words you spoke to Alex, James would lose. James loved all of you he showed it. But you never showed your love towards him. He's a good kid and deserves more than all of you. But it's too late." I say wiping my tears. "For gods sake, Jamie probably talked to him more and showed that he cared more than all of you added together." I say pointing at them. "I have to go to work." I whisper before walking down the hall towards the elevator.

The was the last of it.

The next day James died in the emergency room due to him letting go. Doctors say it was his heart but it wasn't, it was the fact that he didn't want to come back. Because if he did the love his family would give him would be fake and mine would be real.

"So what are you going to do with the James?" Jamie asks. "I'm going to bury him next to my grave." I say going through his paper work and signing things for his grave. "That's nice." Jamie says. I nod and hand the papers to Jake to mail them. "I'm going to work. Sofia is here to cook, if you need to go somewhere Tyler or Jake will take you, if not keys are hanging by the elevator." I say. Jamie nods and I give him a kiss before grabbing my bag and walking out the door with Tyler.

I get to the office and everyone stops what their doing to watch me. "We're sorry for your lost Miss. Cameron." Someone says. "People come and go." I say before pressing the elevator button. Everyone stays quiet and keeps starring. "Stop starring before I fire all of you." I say and walk into the elevator once it opens.

I walk into my office and Amanda is there setting up my desk with stories that were approved while I was gone. I nod at her and she hands me coffee before walking out the door.

I read through the stories and disapprove some of them and send them back to the authors, with an email saying their mistakes and how to write better.

Amanda walks in with lunch on a tray. She clears off my desks and sets the tray on my desk. "Jamie called he's on line four if you want to talk to him." Amanda says. I nod and she walks out. I pick up the desk phone and go to the line.

"Hello Jamie." I say. "Miss. Cameron." Jamie says. "What can I do for you Jamie?" I ask. "That's a very great question Miss. Cameron. Can you look outside your office window?" Jamie asks. "Yes I can." I say and turn my office chair towards the window. "Look down." Jamie says. I look down and Jamie is there with a poster that reads.

"So tonight can I be your prince and you be my Cinderella?"

I smile and shake my head. I put my ok my coat and go to the window and put one finger showing him that I will take one minute. He nods and smiles and I grab all my belongings and running towards the elevator.

It takes forever specially since everyone is going to break. I groan and run to to the stairs and quickly run down the stairs. I get to the first level and run out the door where Jamie is waiting for me.

I smile and jump on him. He catches me and holds me for awhile before I wrap my arms around his neck lose and look at him. "About your question. What do you mean by Prince and Cinderella? When your already my prince." I say. "My smart girl I swear sometimes I feel dumb." Jamie says and let's me go. I smile and Tyler opens the back door of my business limo for me and Jamie. We climb in and sit across from each other and stare.

"So you ditched work for me?" Jamie asks. "Pretty much." I say smiling. Jamie smiles and we keep starring at each other. "It takes a lot of guts for you to stand outside my work and hold a sign." I say. "Well I am a man with guts." Jamie says. "I believe it." I say. Jamie winks and we stop. "That should be your dress." Jamie says. I tilt my head and Tyler opens the door and hands Jamie and hanger with a bag covering a dress. Jamie smirks and hangs the dress up. "So what's the occasion that I have to dress up for?" I ask. "Surprise Miss. Carmen. Patience is key." Jamie says. "Well Mr. Dornan as I remember I have more patience than you." I say laughing. Jamie scoffs and we stop at my house.

We both get out and Jamie holds the dress in one hand and mine in his other hand. "Now the dress is a surprise so I will be dressing you today." Jamie says smirking. I shake my head and smile. "Eager." I say before walking into my house. Our house.

We walk to our room and walks into the bathroom. Jamie ties blindfold around my eyes and slips off my clothes leaving on my underwear and bra. A silk feeling glides around my skin and around my shoulders. Jamie lifts up my feet and slips off my work heels and slips some other shoes on. He turns me towards something and unties the blindfold letting me look in the mirror.

I now am wearing a natural beading black sweetheart strapless chiffon dress and black pumps. I smile in the mirror and Jamie let's lose my hair. "It's beautiful." I say and turn to him. He smiles and leans down to kiss me. "Now I'm going to get changing." Jamie says walking to the bedroom and walking back in with a black tuxedo and matching tie with shoes.

I let my hair lay down in it's natural way and fix my makeup. Jamie finishes dressing and combs his hair. He grabs my hand and helps me walk down the stairs.

"Wow you look beautiful." Dakota says. I widen my eyes and laugh. "Your still here? I though you left." I say laughing. Dakota shakes her head and laughs. "No I decided to stick around for while since this butt head didn't come back to film." Dakota says, I glare at Jamie and he smiles. "Have fun you two." She says. I nod and we walk towards the elevator.

Somewhere deep down in my stomach I feel the butterflies all float back. Like the way it felt when I first met Jamie. I smile to myself and keep a straight face in the elevator.