Chapter 21

I wake up the next morning and Jamie is already out of bed. I groan and walk to the bathroom. I wipe my eyes hoping it will get the sleepiness out, but give up after a short time.

I look in the mirror and laugh at how messy I am. My hair is all over the place in it's ponytail and my clothes are wrinkled, well Jamie's clothes are. I smile to myself and Jamie walks in.

"What are you doing?" Jamie asks smiling at me. I blush and put my head in the palm of my hands. Jamie grabs my wrist to remove them from it's place.

I smile to myself and look at him. "Trust me I look at you everyday don't be embarrass to look at yourself." Jamie says. "I'm a mess." I say and turn around to look at the mirror. "A hot mess." Jamie says.

"My hair looks like a birds nest." I say and chuckle. "Well I'm starting to like birds nest." Jamie says and winks. I blush and turn around to him. I wrap my arms around him and he smiles. "Sorry to ruin the moment but I have to film." Jamie says. I nod and let go of him. "No, I didn't say to go."

I smile and continue to hold Jamie like this till the last second we have before he has to go.

He kisses me goodbye then grabs the car keys. He waves to me at the door and I smile and wave back.

Jamie shines me his bright smile that I barley get to see before getting into the car. I turn around and Eloise is standing there. "Rita went?" I ask. "Ya it was her scene so, now your stuck with me." Eloise says. "Trust me that's not a bad thing." I say and smile.

"So what did you want to do today?" I ask. Eloise shrugs and places her dishes in the sink. "Okay well I was invited to lunch with Beckham's or we can go out to lunch by ourself's?" I ask Eloise."Beckham's." Eloise says. I nod and tell Jake that we will accept the lunch plans.

I start to get ready knowing that I will take hours for this. I take a quick shower washing my hair and shaving. Once I get out the shower I quickly blow dry my hair and leave it down.

I grab my black tank top, Jamie's blue flannel, skinny jeans, and black vans. I walk downstairs and Eloise is surprise at my casual outfit. "We're going to meet the Beckham's and your wearing that?" Eloise says surprise. "Your right, be right back." I say noticing my outfit is way to casual for a lunch like this.

I come back downstairs wearing a black pencil dress with black heels. Eloise smiles and notice her outfit is similar to mine. "Ready?" I ask. Eloise nods and Jake grabs the car keys before walking out the door and we follow.

When we get to a small fancy restaurant Jake helps us out. I grab my purse and we walk inside.

The Beckham's arrive seconds after and they all smile. David walks up to me and smiles brightly. "Eleanor." David says giving me a warm hug before kissing my cheek. "This is my wife Victoria and children Brooklyn, Romeo, Harper, and Cruz. I hope you remember them from our last lunch." David says and laughs at the end. They all give me a warm hug and I smile. "Everyone this is my friend Eloise." I say. They smile at her but shake her hand, probably since they don't really know her.

We instantly get seated in the back where no one is. I sit between Eloise and Brooklyn, who is a very sweet boy. Eloise has small chat with Victoria who is across from her. David sits next to Victoria which is in front of me.

"You have a big business Eleanor." David says. "What do you do?" Brooklyn asks. "I am a publisher." I say smiling. "Do you do any other things?" Brooklyn asks. "Oh yes of course, I write scripts for movies sometimes, invest in orphanages, and people who are sick." I say and turn to him. "That's what you like to do?" David asks. I turn to him and smile. "I mean I was once an orphan at a apart of my life, and I once was sick so I know how it feels, that's what makes me like to help them." I say. "Hmm maybe Brooklyn can get into that." Victoria says. "Sure, if that's what he wants." I say.

Our drinks come and we order our food. "So what movies have you wrote in?" Brooklyn asks. "Um If I Stay, The Duff, One Direction This Is Us, and The Proposal. But those are some of them." I say. "That's cool." Brooklyn says. I nod and take a sip of my water.

"So when you said you were sick what did you mean?" Brooklyn asks. "I had cancer." I say. "Oh really?" Eloise asks turning to me. "Ya it wasn't that serious though but it did hurt of course." I say. "I had lung cancer." I say. "Well looks like cancer didn't win." Victoria says smiling. I nod and turn to Eloise.

"Why didn't you tell Jamie you had cancer?" Eloise whispers to me. "It never came to my mind." I say. Eloise nods and we continue to have small chat until our food comes.

"So you model?" I ask Brooklyn. "Ya." Brooklyn says smiling. "That's good, at least you don't do anything all day like some boys your age." I say. "That's true." David buts in. I nod and the food comes.

"Eleanor?" I hear someone asks behind me. I turn around and face Jamie. "Jamie." I say and stand up to hug him but he pushed me off. "What?" I ask. "Your cheating on me?" Jamie asks. "With who?" I ask. "Them." He says and points to David and Brooklyn. "Are you serious? Brooklyn is 16 and Davids wife is right next to them." I say. "I'm just messing with you." Jamie says and kisses my forehead. I roll my eyes and grab his hand to lead him to the table.

"David, Victoria, Brooklyn, Romeo, Harper, Cruz this is my boyfriend Jamie." I say. They all smile and wave and turn to Jamie. "What are you doing here?" We ask at the same time. "You first." Jamie says. "They invited me to lunch you?" I ask. "The crew came for lunch." Jamie says smiling. "Well go before they begin to look for you." I say before kissing him.

I sit back down and apologize for the interruption and they all nod.

When we finish eating they pay and we walk out the door. "Thank you." I say. "It's our pleasure." Victoria says. "Oh I totally forgot to ask." David says and walks towards me. "You think you can give Brooklyn a job in your company?" David asks. I look at Brooklyn and back to David. "My original building is in Los Angeles he can come and work with me there." I say. "Thank you so much you don't understand how much this means." David says. I smile and nod. "You can start next week." I say. Brooklyn nods and we say our goodbyes before leaving.

"So why did you give him the job?" Eloise asks as we get into the car. "I knew you were going to ask me that." I say. "Well?" Eloise asks. "I owe it to David." I say. "Why?" Eloise asks. "He helped me with college and starting my business." I lie. Eloise nods and I pull out the parking lot.

We get home and Jamie is there and everyone else isn't. "Your turn to film." Jamie says. Eloise smiles and I toss her the keys. She thanks me then leaves.

"So why didn't you tell me about lunch with them?" Jamie asks walking back and forth. "It never came to mind." I say quietly. "Are you serious?" Jamie asks. "What's so wrong going to lunch with a family!" I yell but didn't mean to. I throw my hands up in frustration and turn away. "Your lying to me." Jamie says. I gulp and keep my back faced to him. "If your not look straight in my eyes and tell me your not." Jamie whispers.

I turn around and look at Jamie. "That's my moms family, my biological mom." I say. "And why were you with them?" Jamie asks. "Too many questions in one day Dornan." I say. Jamie gives me a look and I sigh. "I was with them because they were my first family, then I ran away." I say and look into Jamie's eyes. "And how was that hard to say?" Jamie asks. "They impacted life. They helped me when I needed it, but I was so depressed I always turned them down. I ran away and when the police found me they couldn't take me back, because they wanted children of their own and they didn't have room for me." I say. "I then went back to the orphanage." I say and look down.

"But they did a lot for me, pay for my collage fees, dorm, surgery, and much more." I say. "Surgery?" Jamie asks. "I had lung cancer." I say. Jamie frowns and I shrug. "I'm still here aren't I?" I ask and laugh. "I sure am glad." Jamie says and pulls me into his chest.