Chapter 26

In the picture is Danielle Peazer she plays Eleanor's sister Andrea.

When we get back to the house we all unpack our things. "So Brooklyn did you want to come to work with me tomorrow or I can drop you off tomorrow morning or now." I say.

"If it's fine with you I'll go to work with you." Brooklyn says smiling. "Oh ya that's fine with me." I say and smile. "Okay I'll show you to your room." I say and walk to the stairs.

I show Brooklyn the guest room and he thanks me before walking in.

I walk to my room which is across the hall. Jamie is sitting on the bed and starring at his hands. I think he's nervous.

"Are you okay?" I ask Jamie walking to him. "Um." He says and keeps starring at his hands. "I think we should take a break." He says. My heart drops and turn to my left to see his bags packed. My jaw drops and I feel like I got stabbed in the heart. Literally, I can't breath or even move.

"Why?" I stutter. "We're too busy right now and I don't think we will have time for each other at the moment." Jamie says standing up. "I'll make time!" I say and walk towards him.

"Eleanor, it's just a break." Jamie says calm. "All couples say it's a break but one of them walk out the door and soon as their out that door they fine someone and they marry them! Jamie that's how it all ends." I say and feel the hot warm tears fall down my cheeks. "I'm sorry." Jamie whispers before grabbing his bags and walk to me.

"I love you." He says and kisses my nose. "Then stay." I say and turn to him. "I think it's best if I take a break from us." Jamie says. "Fine. Please be safe. I love you." I say. Jamie smiles warmly at me before turning around and heading out the room.

I fall onto the floor and all the tears come falling from eyes, and for a moment I think I'm going back to where I started.

All the up all nights thinking if I should die or not because that one person you loved left you. All the hospital bills when I was younger from going into a mental hospital. But the truth is I was never mental, I was just depressed. There is nothing mental about that. Nothing.

Even worst the scars. One mark saying that you survived from a brutal thing, called reality. All the name calling in middle school just because I had no parents or because I ate like a pig and looked like one too. I never let that get to me, but high school came and got worst.

From making signs when I used to dance and play softball. Every time I looked at the crowd there were mean things says I couldn't dance or play. Or even worst, name calling, or saying I should die.

A knock on the door shakes me out of my thoughts and I cough hoping to clear my throat. "Eleanor? Why is Jamie leaving?" Dakota walks in then finds me on the floor. She gasps and freezes.

"Oh Eleanor." Dakota says rushing to me. She sits down on the floor and brings me to her chest. "I'm so sorry." She says running her fingers through my hair and rocking back and forth.

We stay like this for while because there is nothing she can say or me to say either. Then Rita walks in and joins us on the floor.

"I'm going to find him." Rita says and stands up. "No don't." I say. Rita shakes her head and walks out the room anyways. I groan and stare at Dakota.

"Tell me the truth as soon as he left this room did you get flashbacks to when you were little?" Dakota asks. I shake my head lying straight to her face. "Okay." Dakota says and fades off.

"Come on get to bed you have work tomorrow right?" Dakota asks. I nod and she smiles handing me pajamas. I thank her and change in my bathroom.

I walk back out and go to my bed. I turn off the lamp light on my night desk and frown.

The smell of Jamie can be smelled from where I am laying down. This is going to be one long night of starring at the ceiling and thinking.

I wake up to my loud alarm clock. I get out of bed slowly and walk to my bathroom.

I'm such a mess. My hair is probably in a million nots, my eyes are bloodshot, and I have bags under my eyes. I sigh and grab my bath towel and turn on the shower.

Once I'm done washing myself I dry myself off. I change into my maxi black dress, jean jacket, and black heels with an ankle strap.

I get my makeup bag because we all know I'm going to be needing it today. I add a little extra makeup hoping it will distract everyone from my eyes.

I walk into Brooklyn's room to find him standing in front of his mirror trying to tie his tie. I smile to myself and he sees me through his mirror. "You need help?" I ask laughing. "Yes please." He says and hands me his tie.

I quickly tie it fast and Brooklyn looks down at me. Yes he's taller than me. "Where did you learn how to tie?" Brooklyn asks. "When your mom was gone at work and your dad was home. He couldn't tie ties so I learned how for him and I did it for him every morning." I say. "Oh ya you lived with them." Brooklyn says. "Yes sir." I say pulling his collar down.

He thanks me and pulls on his black jacket. I grab my purse from his bed and we walk downstairs.

The good thing is that Brooklyn didn't notice my bloodshot eyes, or did he? But he didn't want to say anything? I shrug to myself and keep walking.

Dakota and Rita are in the kitchen small talking and drinking coffee. "Okay so we have to film today so we won't be back to late at night." Rita says. "Okay that's fine, I'll be out for dinner with One Direction tonight, and Jake will be picking them up since they are staying here in the guest rooms." I say. "Okay get one next to my room." Rita says winking.

I roll my eyes and say goodbye to them before walking outside with Brooklyn.

"Why so quiet?" I ask pulling out the driveway. "Nervous?" I ask looking at him. "How did you know?" Brooklyn asks turning to me. "I used to study behavior and emotions." I say. "That's cool." Brooklyn says. I shrug and keep my eyes on the road.

"I dropped it for publishing." I say. "Well that's even cooler." Brooklyn says. I smile and look at him for a second before looking back to the road.

I pull into my private parking space and get out. Brooklyn follows me and I smile at how serious he is.

We walk in and everyone widens their eyes before running to their stations. "What a surprise Miss. Carmen." Myles the new manager says. "I wish I can say the same but I did hire you." I say.

"So how mush money did you make yesterday and today together?" I ask and turn to everyone. "Almost a million." Myles says. "Okay good, good." I say. "I want everyone to get ready for this big meeting tomorrow with One Direction, I want the top writers in this building to be in the meeting, Myles that will be up to you, I don't care if your new you will decide on two writers and one artist." I say and hand him a piece of paper of the consequences if he doesn't.

"Get it done." I say before turning on my heels and walking back the car with Brooklyn on my trail.

"You sure know how to make an exit." Brooklyn says. "It's a habit." I say and get into the drivers seat.