Chapter 43

I groan in frustration trying to find a dress to the "prom."

"Calm down." Jamie says laughing. "You know maybe I should just go without a dress or anything!" I say pulling at my hair.

"As much as I would like that no." Jamie says turning back to his phone.

I roll my eyes and go back into the fitting rooms and try on a red long dress.

I walk back out and Jamie smiles. "That's the one." He says. "Are you just saying that so we can leave?" I ask.

"As much as I want to leave I still won't lie about the dress thing." Jamie says looking up at me.

"Even though all the dresses looked good on you. Whatever dress you want. You look good in everything." Jamie says smiling.

I smile and place my hand on my heart. "Jamie, admit it you want to get out of here." I say. Jamie laughs and pauses.

"Yes." He says smiling. I shake my head at him and walk back to the dressing room and change back to my regular clothes.

I grab the red dress and walk back to Jamie. "Oh and she goes with the red dress." Jamie says clapping making a big scene at the store.

"Shut up and let's go." I say laughing and grabbing his hand.

I pay for my dress beating Jamie to the register and he laughs.

He holds my dress to his car and we drive back to my old house.

"So that's the last of it?" Jamie asks. I nod and he grabs the last two boxes.

I take one last look at my house before going into the elevator and pressing the garage button.

Jamie packs the boxes in his car and he gives me a kiss before we both get in the car and drive to our new house.

When we get there I carry my dress in and Jamie carries the two boxes.

"So tomorrow you go back to work?" Jamie asks. "No the prom thing is tomorrow. The day after tomorrow." I say.

Jamie rolls his eyes and walks to our room to hang my dress. "Time to unpack." I say looking at the bunch of boxes in our room.

Jamie laughs and takes a seat on the bed and grabbing a box to start him off.

***
We finally unpack half of the stuff and eat dinner. "Okay you need some rest." Jamie says looking at my tired eyes. I nod agreeing and fall back on the bed.

Jamie joins me and wraps his muscular arms around my waist bringing me very close to him.

"I love you Eleanor Carmen." Jamie says. "I love you." I say looking up at him. Jamie smiles and we both fall asleep to the total silence that filled the room.

I wake up the next morning and find Jamie not by my side. I slowly get up and make my way to the bathroom and find Jamie showering.

"Care to join?" Jamie calls out. "Ya not happening today." I say shaking my head at him. "My mom gave me a dumb appointment for hair and makeup today as if I couldn't do it myself." I say rolling my eyes.

Jamie chuckles and walk out to my half filled closet to find something to wear.

I grab my tweed lambswool pullover, black jeans, and my zara leather ankle boots.

I walk to the bathroom to change and get ready.

Jamie gets out the shower and wraps a towel around his waist before shaking his head trying to get the water out.