Chapter 14

It's been 6 days since the accident and I'm back in LA living by myself. Julie visits me after school and always asks me for Jamie but I never had the guys to say he's gone because she believed in a forever in us and I can say I did too.

James is helping me get over this level one of breakups and he's been doing a good job. Except today was one of those days where I can just cry out.

James walks in and looks at me. He frowns at me. I haven't been to work or anything. I never been in this way. My curtains are always closed so I never see the LA lights. I'm still in pajamas and it's 3 pm. I haven't took a shower and I must really smell. There's food everywhere and used tissues are thrown around my bed.

"Eleanor you have to get up." James says. I look down embarrassed and fiddle with my fingers. "Let's go for a run yeah?" James asks. I think for a long time before standing up. "Thank god." James says and smiles at me. "But before our run please take a shower." James says. I smile and walk to the bathroom.

I change into my pink nike zip up hoodie, black nike shorts, black nike sport bra, and black nikes. James wears black sweat pants, grey hoodie, and black nikes. I look at Jake and Tyler as they are in the middle of a conversation. "Um Jake and Tyler, James and I are going on a run." I say. They both nod and James and I take the stairs out of the house instead of the elevator which is really different.

We run on the streets of LA. Taking turns here and there to get on a trail. We end up running across the beach. "Hey this way." James says grabbing my hand leading me to a bunch of houses. "James where the fuck are we going?" I ask breathing heavy from his sprinting. We stop and then he flashes in front of my eyes.

I blink rapidly and rub my eyes. I then open them and he's standing there right in front of me. "I can't believe you did this to me." I whisper. "He wanted to talk to you." James says. I nod and look down at my feet. "Well go ahead." I say quietly.

"I am sorry Eleanor, I can't even explain how much I am. You are the best thing that has happened to me. The best. Nothing else compares to you. Nothing. I would give up my money and own two feet for you just to be mine again. You are the most hardworking, loyal, talented, beautiful, flawless, sweetest, sassy, and most of all perfect girl I ever met. I would do anything for you to be mine again. Anything I mean it." Jamie says. "A speech won't help you get me back." I say before turning on my heel. "What will then?" Jamie asks. I turn my head to look at him then turn my whole body. "Show it." I turn around and start to jog away, but then Jamie catches up to me. "Okay then 7 tonight I'm picking you up. Dress casual" Jamie says. "Sounds good to me." I say before running down the block.

We get home and I take a shower and start to change. I change into black high waisted jeans, oversized maroon sweater, and white converse.

I walk downstairs and let my hair down from it's ponytail and brush it out. It goes down in it's natural straight way.

"Miss. Carmen. Julie is here" Jake says. "Um I have to go in awhile but bring her up." I say and walk into the kitchen to get water. "Mom!" I hear Julie yell. I walk out to see her standing in the middle of the living room. "Hi." I say hugging her. "Hi." She says before taking a seat down on the couch. "So where's Jamie?" Julie asks. "He should be coming." I say. "Oh." Julie says. "Miss. Carmen Jamie is here." Tyler says. "He should know the way in." I say. Tyler nods and unlocks the gate for Jamie to walk in.

"So he doesn't have a key?" Julie asks. "I never had time to make him one." I say. Julie slowly nods curiously probably.

Jamie walks in with flowers and chocolate. I widen my eyes and take the flowers and walk to the kitchen to find a vase but Sofia takes them from me and finds a vase for me. I thank her and hand her the chocolate to put it away.

"That was very kind." I say. Jamie nods and Julie stands up from the couch. "Okay well I have to study tonight so I'm gonna get going." Julie says. I nod and hug her goodbye and Jamie does the same.

We take the elevator down to Jamie's car and he opens the door for me helping me get in.

"So how much would it mean to you if you met my parents?" Jamie asks getting into the car. "A lot." I say honestly. "Okay good." Jamie says turning into a driveway. I widen my eyes and he smiles.

We walk to the front door and I start to worry. "I'm not even dress appropriate!" I say. Jamie rolls his eyes and grabs his keys and unlocks the door walking in and grabbing my hand.

We walk in together and it's a pretty decent house. "Dad!" Jamie yells. Suddenly a elder man walks out from a door. "Jamie!" He says hugging him. "Hi dad." Jamie says. I smile and Jamie looks towards me. "This is my girlfriend Eleanor Carmen. Eleanor this is my dad Professor Jim Dornan." Jamie says. Girlfriend! Are you serious? I shake out the thought of what he said and shake his hand and he smiles. "Call me Jim please Eleanor." Jim says. I nod and smile.

Suddenly two girls walk out the same door Jim just came out and smile at Jamie and I. "You must be Eleanor. I'm Natalie, Jamie's older sister and this is Tori Jamie's younger sister also." Natalie says. I smile and shake there hands before another girl walks out of the same door way. "Ahh she's here!" She says. "I'm Jamie's step mom Nancy and you are?" She asks smiling. "Eleanor mom!" Tori says rolling her eyes as if she already told her my name a thousand times. "Pleasure to meet you all." I say. "The pleasure is all ours." Tori says smiling. "So let's eat?" Nancy asks. We all nod and she leads us to the dining room.

I sit next to Jamie and Tori at the dinning table. Nancy cooked pot roast, lasagna, and more.

"So what do you do for a living?" Tori asks. "I have a business that publishes books." I say smiling. "What got you into the business?" Jim asks me. "I like to read." I say smiling. Nancy looks up from her plate and smiles at me. "Where did you go to the college?" Nancy asks. "I attended Harvard but then got transferred to Yale. I then graduated with a business degree. I moved to Seattle for a business opening then made multiple locations for the business and decided to move to Los Angeles to make the location the headquarters." I say smiling. "That's good." Tori says smiling at me. I nod and continue to eat.

"So your family. What are they like?" Jim asks me. "My parents had left me for another daughter, so I was put in foster home for five years and then a couple name Bobby and Maura adopted me. They were both rich so it was a huge step from a foster home to a big mansion. My sister Andrea is married to the rock star Alex Turner. My brother James is currently single he just got out of a tough relationship." I say. "What about you?" Natalie asks. I turn to her and furrow. "What about me?" I ask. "Your family do you have your own?" Natalie asks. "Oh I have daughter, she's 16." I say smiling. "Her dad?" Nancy asks. "That day was very blurry, ever since that day I made promise to never drink." I say. Nancy nods and everyone is quiet. I look down embarrassed and Jamie stiffens.

"Why are you guys acting like this to Eleanor? Ya she got drunk and made a wrong decision but don't act like you guys are perfect. Come on El." Jamie says standing. I widen my eyes but keep my head down. "Jamie it's fine." I whisper. Suddenly I feel his arms around me picking me up from the dinning chair. I shake my head but he already walked out the door to his car.

"Jamie that really wasn't necessary." I say but Jamie already took off from the driveway. "Yes it was." Jamie says. I shake my head and roll my eyes. "Where are we going now?" I ask. "Paris." Jamie says smirking at me before turning into the airport.

"Now since we always go on your plane i'd like to go on mine." Jamie says smiling. I laugh and blush. Jamie grabs my hand and leads me onto the plane. The plane is as big as mine except less room since there is a bed to lay on and a table to eat. "Now I don't have any clothes." I say. "Actually Jake packed you a bag." Jamie says smiling. I shake my head and we lay down on the bed ready for this 11 hour flight to Paris.