Apologies

You really tried to help Spence but you were more in your head than present in the reality. You didn't got very far. Even Reid had problems to figure out the case. As you looked up it was already 11pm.

"Spence let's head back to the hotel. We won't get anything done today anymore." You yawned. "Ok. Yes. I'm driving." It was now midnight and the situation you had with Hotch won't get out of your mind. You felt bad, so you decided to apologise.
~

I'm sorry.

Hotch👤: For what. Dismissing my orders or yelling at me in the police station and make me look like a total pain in the ass boss.

~
Ok. So far you really wanted to apologise but he is acting like a child. You started to get mad again.
~

Actually for saying Suck my dick. What I said at the police station earlier...I meant that. Dont treat me like a child Aaron.

Hotch👤:  I'm not treating you like a child. I'm trying to protect you. We have an unsub that kills women that look exactly like you. I just dont want you to be hurt again. Y/n you're not even fully recovered from our last case.

I think I'm old enough to decide for myself if I want to be in the field or not. I appreciate that you want to protect me but I can make my own decisions and I can get some fucking coffee from a store that you can see from the police station.

Hotch👤: you know what. I'm tired right know. From today, the case and you. We talk about that tomorrow okay.
Hotch👤: And Y/n. Watch your language. I'm still your unit chief. And when I give you some orders you're going to follow them. I need to know that I can fully trust you. Otherwise I can't keep you on that team. And keep in mind that I can move you like nothing. It takes less than a call and 5 minutes of paperwork.
~
Right now your trying your best not to throw your phone at the wall. Why would he say something like this? Did he thought about it? You knew that you're not always following the protocol like you should, but you thought Aaron trusted you enough. You were so mad at him for saying that, that you couldn't hold back the tears. Spencer was dead asleep so you knew he wouldn't notice. What if he really transfers you if you did anything wrong in his eyes?

The next day the missing police officer was found dead. Again on a busy street. Since you weren't allowed in field you and Reid tried to connect the dots at the police station.

You avoided Hotch for the whole day. You didn't want to talk to him. You catched him looking at you a couple times but you pretend that you didn't care. Whenever he tried to came up to you, you either walked away or when you couldn't leave, you pretended to be on the phone. He knew that you just pretended to be busy but he would leave you alone.

Everyone was tensed because you just couldn't find that unsub and you knew it wouldn't take long for him to get a new victim. After a long day of finding out nothing new everyone decided to head to the hotel but you stayed. Aaron didn't said a word about you staying back alone. He knew that talking to you would turn into a fight.

You were lost in the last victims file as you heard something vibrate on the table. As you grabbed your phone, you saw Aaron's name on the screen. Somehow you were kind of annoyed but on the other hand you were glad that he texted you.

~
Hotch👤:  Are you okay? You havent talked to me for the whole day.

I'm fine. I didn't wanted to talk to you.

Hotch👤: Why?

~
Is he serious? He's asking why I act like this? God sometimes men are just so clueless.
~

Are you for real? Maybe because if I said something that would be hurting your ego in just the slightest bit, you would have already moved me?!

Hotch👤: I'm sorry. I really shouldn't have said that. I was just angry.

No. It's ok. If that's how you think about me and this whole goddamn situation, you're free to say whatever you want. Regardless of my feelings.

Hotch👤:  I didn't want to hurt you.

Well you did.

Hotch👤: How can I make that up to you?

You could start by trusting me and my actions for example.

Hotch👤: Trust has to be earned.

Well and the fact that I let you rail me, degrade me and inviting me to spend time with your son wasn't enough?! Oh please Aaron.

Hotch👤: That's private. We have to separate work and our private lives.

You know damn well that that is not possible.

Hotch👤: What are you trying to say?

Maybe we should stop whatever the fuck we have right here and now. Go back to you just being my unit chief and I'm just an agent on your team. That's it. If fucking me makes you act like a high school bully then I dont want it. I thought you were mature enough to dont let this affect our work. But clearly I was wrong. As much as this might hurt me Aaron. And you dont even know how much this does.... because I felt happiness when I was with you, and I had the feeling that you felt it too, but this is to much to bear.

Hotch👤: Y/n. I am happy when I'm with you. Maybe that is the problem. What I'm feeling for you... I haven't felt like this since Haley. I can't just let my guard down. It's been up since forever. At least it feels like it. I lost Haley through the divorce. I dont wanna lose you too.

~
You're trying to keep your shit together as you read this. You weren't even official and this man already has so much power over you. You really didnt want to loose what you had. Not the friendship, you two build up in the past years and now you dont want to loose, whatever this is that is building up right know.
~

I know that it has to be hard letting someone new into your life after what she did to you. You didn't deserved to be cheated on. But you dont make it necessarily easier for someone to reach out to you. I want this to work. Even though I dont really know what it is that we have. But I want this. So please. Help me to make this work.

Hotch👤: Okay. I'm gonna be the best "I dont know what it is that we have" - man that you will ever have. Because I want this too. And I definitely have to learn a whole lot of things. So give me another chance. Another chance to show you how important you are to me. You know I dont beg for anything, but right now I'm begging you to stay with me. For whatever this is, or whatever it'll be.

~
Now you were crying. But it wasnt because you were sad. It was because you were happy that Aaron wants this as much as you do. You've never seen the side of Aaron Hotchner that is so vulnerable. He said he wants that. And you believed him. You know its gonna be some work but you were sure that it was worth it.
~

You have to learn a shitload of things, Hotchner. And even tho I'm still kinda mad at you.....You're absolutely fucking adorable. And I will stay. But promise me to never, never ever talk to me like that again.

Hotch👤:  I promise. And....first I'm cute. Now im adorable?

The absolute fucking cutest. Sleep well Aaron. Dream of me.

Hotch👤: I will angel. My little angel.

~
You sat there just smiling at your phone. You closed the file and left. All of the sudden you're actually tired. It's like something in you completely calmed down.