Chopsticks

Aaron was right about the resaurant. It was not too big but well frequenced. You managed to get a table at the back of the room and you sat down infront of him.

The waiter came and brought the menu and noted what you wanted to drink."This place is kinda cute I have to say." You said while looking around in the room.

"Wait till you tried the food." Aaron said while deciding what to eat. When both of you knew what you wanted to take you concentrated on him again. He was kinda absent all of a sudden.

"Hey are you good?" you asked him while placing a hand on his. "What? Yes I'm fine. I just wondered if you are alright." He looked at you with concerned eyes.

"Why shouldn't I be Aaron?" "Last night. The fight with Haley and what happened afterwards. It's just kinda stuck in my head. You asked me to stop. It was the first time you did that and I didn't even listened." The grip on your hand got tighter and his face showed pure regret.

"You weren't able to do anything and I was... well, to be honest, I was a bit scared." You were surprised by his honesty and kind of overwhelmed because that was something you did not expect.

"It was a bit much, yes and to be fair last night was something I wanted to talk about too." Aaron listened closely to what you had to say and his eyes were never leaving your face.

"You were letting your anger out on me and don't get me wrong. I have nothing against angry sex." A light chuckle left his mouth and you joined him.

"I just don't want to be used as a stress ball and don't feel bad just because you didn't stopped right away. Like you said. I didn't used my safeword and that was clearly my fault at this point."

"I have nothing against angry sex too, I have to admit." Aaron answered you. "But you need to tell me where you draw the line and when it's too much for you. You don't have to please me if that means that you are unable to function afterwards." He squeezed your hand again.

"So practicing my communication skills it is." Your waiter came back right in this moment you told him what you wanted and went on with yor conversation.

Some time later your food arrived and you realized that you only had chopsticks on your table. The problem with this is that you never actually figuered out how to properly use them.

You took them into your right hand and desperatley tried to make them work, but everytime you thought you got it. You actually didn't.

For the first 2 minutes you were fiddling with these things in your hand, pretty focused on it.

"What are you trying to do there?" Aaron caught your attention and the amused look on his face made it very clear that he was making fun of you right now.

"I am trying to eat." You snapped back at him. "Not that successfully." You gave him a look that basically said 'You-don't-say'.

Shaking your head you gave the copsticks another try and failed again. "Fuck that. I'm getting a fork." You stood up and went to the waiter and asked him for one. He told you to wait and went into the kitchen.

Suddenly someone grabbed your shoulder. Turning around you spotted Emily and JJ infront of you. "Oh hey! What are you guys doing here?" You asked them happily.

"Oh just our weekly gossip date." Emily told you. "But what about you? What brings you here? Or should I rather say 'Who' brings you here?" she gave you a wink and JJ just looked confused.

"Ehm. Well, I woulnd't say it's a date that brings me here. Actually it's work related." You straight up lied to them even though you knew that Emily was just mocking you.