Some needed rest

Closing the door behind you, you checked if someone was in the hallway. It was clear. As you arrived at his door you knocked and waited for him to open it. You were still kind of nervous. Aaron opened the door for you and told you to get inside.

His room looks exactly like yours. You put your stuff on the little table on the side and sat down on the bed. Aaron sat down on the chair by the coffe table that was in the corner of the room.

He was still tensed and you could see that he is kind of inside of his head. At least this time he is looking at you. "Aaron? Is everything okay?" Breaking the silence you got him out of his head. "I dont know how to tell you this. And I could get into a lot of trouble for this. But I would feel guilty if I woulndt talk about that with you." He started to rub his thumb against his fingers. His tell.

"What are you talking about?" So it was really about work.

"The reason Strauss came to me this morning, was that she thinks that you might need a little time off. She thinks that you got into that trouble in the last cases because you cant completely concentrate on the job." You weren't sure if you'd understood him correctly.

"So your telling me that she wants me to like, have a break or what?" You were confused.

"Kind of but also kind of not. At first she wanted to suspend you for some time because she guessed that something is not right with you. But I convinced her that you could stay but she wants me to report her every little thing that seemes off." You just sat there and tried to understand what he just told you.

"I can stay but you are going to be my babysitter? I dont get it. Just because I had to stay at home for some time after I literally got kidnapped, makes her think somethings up with me?!" Anger got up inside of you. You stood up and paced through the room.

"Y/n calm down. She is just worried. First you didnt needed a day off like in forever and then I made you take that sick day and the week after the Alvarez Case. Its just uncommon for you." He tried to defend Strauss but that didn't made it better.

"I hope that you told her that you made me take that sick day?!" Your voice raised as you looked at him.

"Y/n I told her that I am not the right person to watch over you. And that you didnt actually needed someone to watch over you. But it somehow got through to her that we had that little fight because you didn't listened to my orders. She told its either that or the suspension with a psychological test if you were still okay with doing that job." In the middle of his talk he stood up and grabbed your hand. You just looked at him in shock.

"She thinks that im not able to do my job? What the fuck is this bitch thinking who she is?!" You weren't just mad right now, that was pure anger that drove into you.

"Its not the first fucking time I dismissed your orders and well sometimes in this fucking job, you get injured and have to take some time off. But of course does she not know this because she is just sitting behind her stupid desk, doing all this stupid paperwork and judging people and their action when she was not even there!"

Right now you were Literally screaming. You weren't actually talking to Aaron right now. Basically you just ranted about her to yourself.

You pulled your hand out of Aaron's and started running around in that room again, gesturing wildly with your hands. Aaron tried to calm you down or even tried to just get your attention by calling your name but you were so into your little speech that you didnt even noticed that.

"I just dont get it?! She judges me, made plans for me behind my back without even talking to me! Thats not fair. She forces you to watch every step I make without hearing my part of the story. God. How dumb is this woman?! How did someone like her got into a leading position?!" The words are just spilling out of your mouth. There was no thinking behind it anymore it was all just anger.