School trip

Walking up the stairs to the Middle school that all of the children are frequenting, all of you tried to ignore the stares and the whispers coming from the students.

Of course you arrived in the middle of their break so literally every student was outside. They tried to hide the fact that they are staring at you but they are horribly failing.

"Damn I feel like I'm 14 again. Everyone's glancing and talking about us." You said to your two companions.

"What? You got stressed about being the popular one everyone talked about?" Reid said with a slightly sarcastic undertone. You arrived at the entrance and he held the door open for you and Emily.

"Actually. I was the unpopular nerdy girl that had like one friend and everyone considered weird. But thanks for thinking that I was a popular girl." You hissed out.

"Oh. Well. Same." Spence giggled to himself. "Oh poor little guys. Come on. Stop ranting about your past. Teenagers can be horrible and everyone knows that." Emily began to mock both of you.

"You should shut up. Weren't you the fellow Emo kid dressed in all black with more hairspray in her hair than Target could sell? I saw your yearbook picture Hotshot." Laughing you walked past her and shortly after Spencer joined you giving you a fistbumb.

"I hate you two. You know that right?" Now Emily was also laughing. You calmed down just when you arrived at the principals office. Em knocked 3 times and entered with you and Reid behind her.

"Good morning." The principal said and walked over to you to greet you. "My name is Johnson and I guess you're from the FBI? I talked to your colleague Ms. Jareau was her name I think."

"Yes. Exactly." Emily answered him. "My name is Prentiss and these two are SSA y/l/n and Dr. Reid." She pointed at both of you and Mr. Johnson gave you his hand. You took it politely and after that he went over to Spence who was immediately taking a step back and waved at him.

"He doesn't do that. It's statistically saver to kiss than to shake someone's hand." You said to the older man infront of you. He just stared between you and Spencer who was smiling at him.

"Dont worry it's what we call the Reid-Effect. Happens with dogs too. But anyways." You continued to focus on the important things now. "Mr Johnson what can you tell us about the students where the Stepmothers are currently missing?"

You got straight to the point and Johnson just sighed and leaned back on his table.

"Well. At first these were very happy and outgoing kids. Good grades, a lot of friends and they have been very popular at the whole school." He pushed his glasses back up on his nose and crossed his arms over his chest.

"But apparently their parents got divorced and their behavior went downhill very fast. Even faster when their fathers fell in love with another woman."

"So they changed their personality?" Emily asked.

"Yes. They started to act different. Missed school, grades got worse and they basically became real loners. Since they missed a lot of lessons we made them see a guidance counselor."

"Did these student have any other similarities than this counselor? Any other teachers, same friends, same hobbies etc?" Spencer asked.

"Actually no. The good thing is that they kind of found each other. They became friends. The only ones they have left I suppose." Johnson ran his fingers through his beard a couple of times.

"Okay. We need the name and the file of this counselor and the files he has from these kids. If that's possible." You demanded nicely.

"His name is Alfred Burdon." A confused look crossed the principals face. "Why? Do you think he is the one your looking for? That can't be. I've known this Man for over 15 years now and he is such a good soul." He looked at all three of you with a pleading look.