Changes

Your week off turned out to be over faster than you thought. Penelope, Spencer and Morgan would visit you to make sure you were alright. They would just talk to you about work or watch some shows with you.

But this week was over now and you were getting ready for work. You looked way better than before. The bruises were not that bad anynore and there were just some little cuts remaining. You got into your work outfit, grabbed your go bag and your keys and made your way to your car.

You stopped at a little bakery to get some little treats for your team. You knew that they would all be happy to have some snacks around.

When you arrived at the BAU you were kind of nervous. It would be the first time you had to see Hotch since you guys broke up. You didnt knew how to handle that situation. The doors of the elevator opened and you walked straight into the bullpen.

"Y/n!" Spence got up and hugged you immediately. "Okay pretty boy don't act like you havent seen me in forever. You visited me two days ago." You said laughing. "Doesn't care. I missed you in here." He said while smiling over the whole face.

"Hes right. It was way to quiet in here." Em said while putting an arm around your shoulder. "Thank you guys. I missed you too.." You put all of you stuff down and pulled a little paperback from the bakery out.

"Is that something sweet for your chocolate thunder?" Morgan came up to your side. "First off all. You're not my chocolate thunder. You keep that one between Penny and you. Second of all. No thats for Penelope because she literally fed me this week. Like for real. I think she would have punched me down If I tried to cook." The whole team was laughing right now.

"But dont think I would forget about you guys." You got another bigger bag out and placed it on the table. You turned around and left while saying "Have fun with these donuts!"

You made your way into Garcias Batcave when Aaron crossed your way. He saw you and stopped walking immediately. "You're back." He simply said. "Yup. I am. Did I missed something?" You asked him.

This whole situation was kind of awkward. "No. We didn't got a case in that time." "Okay. Cool." You two just stood there not saying anything at all trying to avoid eye contact.

You held that little bag up and said "Got something for Garcia I gotta go." And just walked past him. As you reached Penelopes office she was typing something into her computer. You knocked on the door to get her attention. As she turned around she instantly came up to hug you. "Hey Y/n. Good to have you back." "I'm glad to be here. And. I got you a little something."

She grabbed the bag out of your hands and peeked inside it. A little shriek escaped her mouth when she saw that nougat croissant that was inside of it.

"You're an angel Y/n. A literal angel. Oh my god its still warm. I dont deserve you. I love you. I know I say that to Derek a lot but believe me, our kind of love is special." She coulndt seemed to stop talking so you had to stop her.

"Penny. Its just a snack. Calm down. Its my way to thank you for all you did that week even if this isn't even close enough to what you did for me." You hugged her from behind and gave her a kiss on the cheek. You turned around and left the batcave again.

Time eventually went on. A couple of weeks and new cases passed. Without noticing you kept your distance to everyone while working. You stopped joking around with Morgan and kept your distance to Spencer. Everything was right between you and the girls. But even though he is your best friend, somehow you couldn't talk to Spencer as before.

Same thing with Morgan. He would joke around like you two always did but you weren't able to keep this up. When you had to double up you desperately tried to double up with JJ or Emily and you got way more quiet than before. And everyone noticed.

Derek tried to talk to you about why you had changed but you knew he would just get mad at Aaron and that's not what you wanted.

Spencer did it too but you just said that you had a rough time right know and he understood that you didnt want to talk about it.

And you and Aaron? You only spoke to each other when you had to. It wouldn't stop you from glancing at each other because deep down you missed him and you were sure he missed you too. He even let you stay behind with JJ when you're on a case wich is something you wouldn't really understand but you didnt had the guts to talk with him about that. And you didn't really want to talk to him at all.

Your heart was still broken after what he said to you and everytime you looked at him it was a mix between hurt and anger.

After one especially hard case the team was very tensed and Rossi invited all of you over for dinner. You were hesitant about that invitation but he said that we all needed some 'family time' with each other, so you agreed in coming. Just before you were heading out to Rossis your phone ringed. It was Aaron. You took a deep breath and opened his text.
~

Hotch👤: Are you okay with it if I'm coming tonight too?

Well I cant tell you what to do. And if Rossi invited you too, which I assume, you have every right to attend there. Just because you're not my favourite person In the team right now doesn't mean you're not allowed to anything just because I'm there.

Hotch👤: Okay. See you later then.
~
That was it. That was the whole conversation and still it was the most you guys talked in the last weeks.