Strauss

Reports were frustrating. Sometimes they were going off hand so easily, but the other times it's just annoying to go through the case again. While writing down everything that happened in this case, the office got emptier till only the BAU was still inside. 

You wrote down the last few words, proof read it and finally printed it out. Making your way to the printer, you looked up at the clock. Almost 5pm. You were glad that this working day was finally coming to an end and you couldn't wait to spend the rest of the night with Aaron.

The printer stopped and you collected all the pages. You walked back to your table and signed it were you're supposed to. Taking the thing with you, you walked up to Aarons office. You knocked and went inside.

"Hey Y/N." he greeted you. "I finished the report. What about you, are you done?" you placed the paper on his desk and stayed in front of his desk. "Almost. Give me about 15 minutes, I think, then we can leave."  

"Okay. Fine." Right when you were about to leave him again, both of you heard another knock on his door. Turned out it was Strauss who decided to pay him a visit. "Agent Hotchner we have to talk ab-" she stopped talking when she realized that you were there. 

"Agent y/l/n." she greeted you politely. "Madam." you greeted her back. "I think that's my time to leave." You said and already turned around. You didn't made it very far because you were cut off by Strauss. 

"Actually you should stay. I have to talk about something with both of you." You turned back around and got back to your initial place. "What is it?" You asked her, knowing what it could be about. Your eyes wandered over to Aaron who also stood up. He seemed to be as nervous as you were right now.

"Agent y/l/n. Do you really think that you could punch one of the victims husbands and get away with it? What did you think in this moment?" she directly looked at you. Her voice was calm and steady but you noticed the hint of frustration in it. 

"Strauss she just defended herself." Aaron stepped around his desk and stood in the middle of you and her. "Agent Hotchner. I was talking to your Agent. I want to hear what she has to say. So please. Stay back and let her talk." Aaron took a step back and looked at you with a pleading look that basically said 'Don't fuck this up.'

"Well. This man came to close to me. He touched me even though I told him it was inappropriate. He tried to kiss me and hurted me be grabbing my arm when I tried to leave." Strauss listened closely to you and you genuinely hoped that she understood you. 

"Agent. I had some difficulties with you before that incident. But punching that man in his face was too much. I understand that you felt uncomfortable and he had no right to came even close to you, but this was the wrongest type of reaction a federal agent could have had."

 She waited for you to react but you were incapable to get anything out of your mouth. "I don't want you to go anywhere alone when there's a case. Agent Hotchner will be by your side whatever you'll do and Hotchner you are still going to report me after every case about Agent y/l/n behavior. And I want you to apologize to him."

"This is unnecessary. She just defended herself because he was assaulting her and you seriously want to make her pay for that?! Don't you have any kind of empathy inside of you?" Aaron literally screamed.

"Agent Hotchner I don't think you have the right to critcize my decisions or to question my orders. Her behavior was not even close to professional and that demands some kind of consequences!" Strauss screamed back at him. This went on for some time. Aaron and Strauss just bickered back and fourth, discussing what you did, why you did it and what had to happen next. 

"ENOUGH!" Both of them turned around to you. "First off all. Thanks for standing up for me Hotch, but I think this should be my fight right now. Second of all, Ma'am. With all the respect I have for you, I have to say that this decision of yours is just unbelievably stupid. This man would have raped me if I wouldn't have stopped him and I'm surely NOT going to apologize to this man, just because YOU'RE afraid what people might think of you as a Section Chief."

By the time you finished your speech you were screaming. It was annoying to justify for something you had to do, to keep yourself at least kind of safe.

Strauss just stared at you with widened eyes. Hotch, next to her, seemed surprised but kinda proud. Someone who didn't knew him as good as you, wouldn't notice that hint of a smile on his face, but you did.

"You really think I made this decision because of my reputation? Agent y/l/n. And I will say this 'with all the respect I have' " she literally made quotation marks in the air while saying that. "this is not to get myself out of the misery you made. It's to keep other people safe from you. And you can be sure about one thing. One more mistake and you'll be out of that job faster than you're cute little brain can comprehend it."  

Strauss turned around and stormed out off Aarons office leaving a confused pair of Agents behind. It took you a couple of seconds to realize what just happened. "Y/n?" Aaron carefully tried to get your attention. 

"Cute little brain? Is she serious?! She can't be." You stared at the open door still processing the last couple of minutes. "Please don't freak out again. " Aaron walked up to you and put a hand on your shoulder.

Looking at him you shook your head. "Me?! What?! No. I would never." You said through gritted teeth. It took all the strength you had not to loose your shit. "But you look like you would want to." Aaron said.

Your head snapped in his direction and you took a deep breath to contain the things that were flying around in your head at the moment.

"Aaron don't even start okay? Because I think if we discuss this right now, I will punch the first thing or person that comes in my way." You swallowed down your anger and gave him one of the fakest smiles you could have put on.

 "I will uhm... finish my report and then we can head to my place." Aaron went back to work and you went back to your desk. Letting yourself fall down on your chair you let out a sigh.

"What happened up there? Strauss went in, we heard you scream and then Strauss stormed off with a bad ass mood?" Morgan came up to you.

"He is right. Did something bad happen?" Spencer and the rest joined you. "This bitch has the opinion that I need Hotch as my babysitter to keep people save from me. I told her, in the nicest way possible, that this is bullshit and she basically told me to behave or otherwise I will lose my job." Packing up your stuff, you stood up and turned to the team. 

An uncomfortable silence surrounded the office right now. Everyone is just trying to find the right words for the drama that is about to build up. "I actually don't know what to say." Spencer stuttered out.

"You don't have to say anything. I got myself into this situation and I will take care of it. Just not now. I need a break for today."

Putting the last item in your bag, you turned around on your heels and went into the elevator. You saw your friends looking at you and waved them goodbye for today.