Listen here

"That is surely none of your business Haley." Aaron answered her really annoyed. You didn't knew what to do. Should you just turn around and leave, should you say something or was it a better decision just to stay there and be quiet?

"Oh no. Don't tell me you're fucking that chick?" Haley's eyes went up and down your body again and her face immediately turned into a disgusted expression. "Haley could you watch your language right now?" he asked her. 

What you didn't realized is that Jack was standing right next to Aaron hugging his leg. That wasn't really a good time for him to be around his parents.

"Hey Jack. I'm Y/n. You want to show me that bear you're missing?" you kindly asked him, earning a warning look from Haley. 

Jack nodded exited, ran to you and pulled you after him, heading to his room. In the distance you heard that Aaron and is Ex-Wife were fighting again.

Haley ranted about how Aaron would be way to old for you and that she couldn't believe that he brought you into this house.

But the voices were getting more quiet, since Jack and you reached his room. He jumped on his bed and pulled out a kind of worn out teddy bear from under the pillow. "That is Bear. He always keeps me company while I'm sleeping." Jack told you. "That's very nice from Bear." 

You walked over to him and sat down on his bed beside of him. "Are you Daddys new girlfriend?" he asked you out of the blue.

"Uhm. Yes. Yes I am. Is that a problem for you?" you were actually kind of nervous. It was the first time you met Jack and if he doesn't like you, the future of your relationship with Aaron would be written in the stars. 

"No. You make Daddy happy. I like that." Leaving out a sigh of relief you just smiled at him. "Daddy said that one day you will join us playing soccer? Is that true?" Meanwhile he got down from the bed and began to play with a little toy car. 

"If you want me to join you. Sure." So Aaron talked about you while he was with his son. "Yay! When can we play?" he looked at you with his big eyes.

"We'll figure something out. I promise. But right now, I think I should check if Humpy and Grumpy down there are fine." Jack just laughed about your comment but went silent afterwards.

"I don't like it when they're fighting. And I think Mommy doesn't like you." Why do kids always have to be that honest? "I can't blame her." You stood up from his bed and made your way to his door. "You stay up here okay?" he nodded and went back to his toys.

Closing the door behind you, you could already hear both of them. They were still fighting and their voices got louder with each step you took.

"You ignorant prick. Yourself is the only thing you think about right?! I don't want to see her inside of my house again!" you heard Haley scream.

"This is MY house and I can take home whoever I want to! And I can see whoever I want to. You were the one who wanted the divorce, so don't come after me for moving on!" Aaron screamed back at her. 

"Moving on is one thing! But fucking a girl that is almost half your age AND your subordinate at your workplace?! What the fuck Aaron? This is just not right!" she walked up and down in front of Aaron. 

"As I said. None of your business. So please do me a favor and leave y/n and me alone. I really don't have the nerve to pull up with your bullshit today!" You knew that it took every little bit of patience he has not to completely freak out right now. And you knew that he only held it back because of Jack.

When both of them noticed you coming back they went silent. "Jack is upstairs playing so you can go on ranting about each other and me." you simply said. You wanted to go back to the kitchen but Haley decided to speak up.