Another case

When you arrived at the police station Aaron and you went straight inside. The chief greeted you nicely. "Thanks for coming agents. Im captain Arthur Wilson. We appreciate that you could be here so quickly." "No problem I'm SSA Hotchner, Unit Chief and this is SSA y/n y/l/n. Tell us, what did you and your team find out?"

Captain Wilson gave you his hand. "Well, we dont have much, that's why we called you. The families didn't tell us anything we could use and it seems like he is getting these women faster and faster." "What is the usual time span between the kidnappings?" You asked him while following him and Hotch in his office.

"At first it was like a week. At least for the first 4 victims. But now.... He got the last 3 victims within 6 days. The women in this town are scared."

"So he went from a week to two days? And you haven't found a body yet?" You continued. "Thats right. I dont know if its a good thing that there is no body."

"Okay captain. We will need a room, all of the files you have and everything you have about these women. And we need a board. Is that possible?" Aaron asked him. "Yes sure. You can use the conference room for that. I'll make sure you and your team will get everything you need." "Thank you." Hotch left the office and went into that room.

"Can you put up the board? I'm gonna make some calls." He said to you. "Sure." You began to work and when you finished Spencer and JJ entered the room. "Hey Spence. What did you guys find out?" Hotch joined you.

"The cameras at most of the stores are just decoration. They are not even working. But 2 from these 5 stores actually had some footage. We watched it and also sended it to Garcia. The unsub has a plan for getting those girls. He walked past them with a full bag of groceries and right next to them the bag mysteriously rips and everything fell on the ground. The women started to help him and then he grabbed them and pulled them into their cars and left." As he explained what happened he walked around in the room and started to gestured with his hands.

"He left in the victims car? If that happened everytime where did the cars go? You cant tell me that he has seven cars casually standing on his property without any notice?" You asked them. "I dont think so."

Hotch dialed Garcias number and put her on speaker. "Garcia you have to check the cars of the missing people. What kind, color, the license plates and if they were sold or anything like that." "Got that. Anything else I can do for my little Stars?" She said in her usual high pitched voice. "No thank you Penelope." JJ said. "You my fine, furry friends are welcome." With that she hung up on you.

You coulndt help but smile. Penelope always seemed to keep a good mood no matter what kind of case you had. That was something you clearly liked about her.

"Remind me to have her drug tested." Aaron said all of the sudden. "Would you really want to know?" You said and started to get back to the board.

Your day went on and some time later Derek, Emily and David came back. "And?" Hotch raised a brow. "Nothing. All of them have the same story. Went out for groceries and never came back." David sat down and put his feet up the table.

"Except one little detail." Emily suddenly interrupts him. "These women are no mothers." You just looked confused as she said that.

"Em? Explanation?" "These women were no mothers. They were Stepmothers. The children in those family's were always brought in from the father. They dont have their own kids." Everyone just looked at each other.

"So your telling us that we have an unsub that hates Stepmothers?" You asked her. "Yes." "Okay so what? Is our unsub Cinderella? What the heck is that supposed to mean." Rossi laughed at your comment.