I love you

Your POV

Waking up your head still hurts like shit. You tried to sit up, forgetting about the ties around your wrists. The door to your room opened and Kathy came back to you.

She gave you some water and you knew that she was the only chance for you to get out of this hell alive.

"Kathy, you made the call right?" you carefully asked her. She tried to avoid looking at you and you knew, you were right.

"Kathy. Kathy look at me please. You are the only chance to get this children out of here alive. What Cyrus did earlier... was a test who is loyal and who's not. If you could give me any chance to ask my team out there, when they are planning to get in, there is a chance we can at least save the women and children."

You saw her struggeling with herself. Tears filled up her eyes but she still refused to talk to you.

"When I woke up here the first time, you said "I am so sorry" to me. Why would you be sorry for something you haven't done?" She started to scratch herself, still avoiding eye contact.

"Help me, Kathy. If you don't want to do it for me, do it for Jessica." Now she was finally looking at you. She wiped away her tears and slowly stood up, instantly leaving the room.

"Fuck." You mumbled to yourself. If she won't help you, you tried to contact your team on your own.

Fortunatley there was a window right by your bed. With your foot you seperated the blinds, to make it easier for your team to notice you.

"Guys, I think Cyrus is planning something. I think I can make the women and children gather in the tunnels that are going from the school to the main building, but I have to know when you guys are coming."

You just said that over and over again hoping that someone will hear it.

POV Hotch

We all kind of froze when the telefone started to ring. We all surrounded it and I gave Rossi the sign to pick up.

The call was short and an unexpected turn in this situation. Cyrus said that he was releasing some of the children and the only thing he demands is some food. We accepted the deal and were now waiting for the food to arrive so that David could go in.

We all knew that this case will not be a pleasing one. "David? I think we both know how this will end right?" He just looked down and silently nodded.

The men from the police just asked us what we meant by that. "We call this the minimal loss scenario." Rossi started to explain.

"Every person we get out is a life saved. We won't save them all. All of us have to be prepared to accept that situation." We hated when this happens in a case.

Saving everyone is always our priority but sometimes the circumstances won't let that happen. Right now the only thing I hoped for, was that Spencer and y/n were under the few people we can save. Thinking about loosing them makes my stomach turn.

"Cults are structured like pyramids. You got the leader at the top. Diehard believers beneath. The biggest group, the base, followers." Morgan continued. He drew a pyramid to make it even clearer to understand.

"Women and children. These are the people we can save." Silence. The police understood that tonight won't be the happy ending everyone wished for.

"We have to go in." The whole team turned around to look at me. "Not right now. We wait till the food is delivered and we already have the children he wants to release. After that we go in."

Everyone nodded and I went back to my place in front of the laptop, when one of the members of the police came in.

"Agent Hotchner? I think one of your Agents is trying to communicate with us. It's the female, come on you have to hear this!"