Interrogation 2

Without hesitation you knocked at the wooden door infront of you. Not only to get the attention of the person that's inside of the room but to keep Emily from asking you out about the relationship between you and Hotch.

"Come inside please." A rough but kind of calm voice said from the other side of the door. You and Emily stepped inside. Infront of you was a man in his, you would guess mid fifties, sitting over some files behind an old, massive wooden desk.

As he looked up he put the pen away and stood up to greet both of you. "Hello. I don't think we know each other right? How can I help you?" he said.

Emily was the first one to talk. "Hello we are Agent Prentiss and y/l/n from the FBI. We are currently investigating the case of the missing woman in this area. We would like to talk about the children that were send to you because of it."

He listened closely but there was no change in his body language. He was still calm and seemed kind of relaxed. "Of course. What do you want to know?" He leaned back in his chair and motioned to the chairs infront of the table, to sign you to sit down.

"Thank you Mr. Burdon. So the principal already told us that these kids went through a lot and that they have changed in the way they behave. Would you agree with that?" you asked him after you got out a little notebook.

"Definitely yes. Some were very shy in the beginning and turned out to be much more than that and others were exactly the other way round." His voice was still calm.

"Okay. We actually talked to the children too and they told us that you encouraged them to talk to each other. Why did you do that?" Emily continued. " Simple. They should have people around them who went through the same trauma as them. That mostly helps victims to get even with things."

"Not all of the kids were... how can I say this without sounding too hard? Very affected by the kidnapping of their Stepmothers. Becky Rosen for example. When I talked to her she wasn't very upset. Did you noticed that too?" After this question he seemed a bit uncomfortable.

"She is not like the others yeah. But what has this to to with the kidnapping?" he furrowed his brows. Something about this situation bothered him.

"Just gathering information thats it. Mr. Burdon have you had any contact to these kids before the incidents?" It was Emilys turn to talk again. His look wandered from your face to hers

"We met in the halls and changed a few words but thats it." You noted this. Something in you thinks that he is hiding something from you. You also wrote 'background check from PennyG' inside of your notebook to remind you that she should sneak around in Burdons life for a while.

"And now? Do you only talk while they are here in your office or do you have any contact outside of the therapy sessions?" If you had to describe the look on his face it would be a mix of disgust and shock. But he also was getting nervous. He stated to shake his leg and his palms were getting sweaty so that he had to wipe them on his pants.

"Agents what are you trying to do here? If you ant to find out who got these women you have to search out there and not in here." Right now his voice was a bit higher and not so calm anymore. He also seemed annoyed from you.

Emily noticed the slight change of his mood too. She quickly glanced over to you and stood up after that. "Thanks for the talk Mr. Burdon, that was really helpfull." She flashed a smile and walked back to the door. You did the same and went out of his office after saying goodbye.

Standing in the hallway you heard that Em was telling him to call you if he finds out something or just if he thinks that he forgot to tell us something, after that she joined you.