The aftermath

It was scary how fast everything happened. One moment you felt how you were driving somewhere and in the next moment you were laying down, while so many people were talking right next to you.

Inbetween everything you heard Aaron's voice. "Hey my little angel, wake up. Please wake up." It was just a whisper and you could feel that he had never let go of your hand for the whole time.

"Agent you need to leave. We'll check her out and she will be fine but she needs some rest right know. She's not having any major injuries I can assure you that. But we need some space to take care of her." An unknown voice said. After that you kind of fell asleep again.

When you gained your consciousness again, you were laying in a hospital bed. The light was way to bright for your liking so you closed your eyes again. You sighed at the massive headache you were feeling right now. Suddenly you heard a high pitched voice wich didnt exactly made it better.

"Oh. Oh she wakes up. Guys! She wakes up!" You recognized Penelopes voice. "God could you be any louder right now Penny?" You said but your voice cracked. "Thank god your fine!" She said while taking your hand. You tried to sit up but that would make your head even worse.

"Oh no. Lay down and rest honey." She squeezed your hand and pushed your head back into the pillow with her other one. You opened your eyes and looked around in the room. The whole team came through the door in that moment.

"Hey guys." You said with a little smile. "You scared the shit out of us, do you know that?" Emily said while hugging you. "She's right little one." Morgan kissed your forehead as he stroked your hair.

As you looked around all you could see were concerned faces. "You all look like it rained for weeks. Could you be a little happier?" You joked. "I mean. I'm alive. The victims are alive and you got the unsub right? So all in once it was a success." No one changed their expressions.

"Its not really a success when you spend over a day worrying about a part of your team." Spence said shyly. You swallowed. "Over a day? I've been out for a whole day?" Your eyes widened. It didnt even felt like a day. You felt like you had been taking a nap and not one of the good ones.

"You've been, belissima. The doctor said you're gonna be fine when we arrived here, but you'll always be worrying about family" Rossi sat down at the end of your bed patting your leg. "You guys are the cutest really." A huge smile spread on your face.

You noticed that Aaron stood at the very end of the room not saying anything. In your head his words played back and forth. 'I am so sorry. I am so sorry.' You knew he thinks that this is his fault even though its clearly not.

"Guys I dont want to kick you out, but even though I slept for a whole day im actually tired right now." That wasn't exactly the truth but you knew they would respect your wish. "Okay sweetheart. Get some rest and we'll get you later okay?" Penny said while giving you one of her famous hugs. Everyone prepared to leave.

"Hotch? Can I talk to you for a second?" The team turned around glancing between you and him. "Sure." He said in a monotone voice. He walked up to the chair beside your bed and sat down while the others were leaving.

"Thank you for saving me." You started this conversation even though you both knew that you wont talk about the case very long.

"Of course. Like David said. We're family." He didn't even looked at you. "Aaron I know that you're blaming yourself for this and let me tell you. It's not your fault." You said calmly. Suddenly he stood up pacing up and down the room.

"Really?! So you're saying you weren't up early because of the fight we had? That you werent coming to my room because you were mad at ME? That its not my fault that you were so inside of your head that you didn't realised the van that was right beside you? Y/n this IS my fault!" He literally screamed at you.