Zayn, Liam and I all sit on the couch, and Niall and Louis sit on either single seat.

We turn on The Notebook, because Niall said we would like it.

By the end of the movie, it's almost one a.m. and both Liam and Zayn are asleep. The other three of us are holding back tears.

After a few moments, I ask, "Should we leave them here or should we make them go up to bed?"

"Leave em. They look comfy," says Niall, already making his way up the stairs.

Louis and I also go up the stairs and head to our room.

"Are you tired yet," Louis asks me.

"Yeah kinda. Why?"

"Well I haven't been in the hot tub yet and it seems like a good night to do so."

"Lou it's like one in the morning."

"So? It's not like we have to get up early."

"But I promised Zayn we'd all do something fun together tomorrow."

"Did you promise him it would be before noon? No? Good. Let's go in the tub. Put on some trunks. Or don't, doesn't matter to me."

"You wish," I say as I grab swim trunks and walk into the bathroom.

I also grab a long sleeved swim shirt that I thankfully brought because I don't want Louis to notice the fresh cuts from last night.

He doesn't question why I'm wearing it since it's very chilly outside.

We get out to the balcony that has the hot tub on it, and I start to pull off the cover.

"Hurry up I'm freezing my balls off," Louis complains, shivering.

I get the cover off and we both climb in.

Louis squeezes into the same seat as me because, why would he want to sit across from me?

"I think it's your turn for a story. I went last time," I say.

"What kind of story do you want to hear?"

"If I'm being honest, I want to know why you really moved away from Doncaster, but it's okay if your not ready to tell that full story."

"It's not a long story, actually quite short. It's just kind of a hard thing for me to talk about."

"That's okay how about-"

"Actually no. I can tell you, just don't tell anyone else because I would rather be the one to tell them if the time comes around."

"Are you sure you want to? I'm not forcing you if you don't want to talk about it yet."

"Yeah I'm sure. So I didn't move here because of my Dad's work. In fact, he's lived here for a few years now. He just recently got back custody of my sister and I. If he didn't get custody though, Lots and I would be going in and out of foster care right now. And since I'm not 18 yet, I couldn't just take custody of Lottie, although that's what I would have preferred."

"Wait so I don't get it. Why did you have to move in with you dad then?"

"Oh yeah. My Mum, she uh, got really sick. Leukemia, actually." His voice breaks off, and I immediately pull him in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry Lou. I can't even imagine how hard that is."

"It's okay though, I know she's in a better place."

"Mhm," I respond as I hug him tighter.

After a few moments I speak up, "Can I ask you why your Dad needed to get custody of you two?"