5

My Mum and I spent a good four hours on the puzzle before we decided to watch a movie. She fell asleep about an hour in, and once it was over I went up to my room.

I check my phone and see I have text from Louis that I got almost two hours ago

New Text Message: Louis Tomlinson (11:09 p.m.)

L-hey

H-ello. sorry i'm so late to respond. i was with my mum. didn't have my phone

L-don't sweat it. but i needed the english homework answers pleaseeee pls pls

H-oh ok hold on

ATTACHMENT: ONE IMAGE

L-thank you so much, you're a lifesaver. sleep well curly

H-night lou

I smile at the last text he sent me and close my eyes for the night, taking his advice.

...

{Friday, Sept. 11th}

I wake to texts from both Niall and Louis

New Text Message: Niall

- hey good morning. i hope you don't mind but zoe asked if i could take her to school now. (i'll explain at lunch) i figured you wouldn't want to third wheel so i asked louis if he could take you now and he said sure. if you still would rather have me take you it's totally fine and i understand.

- okay you better tell me all about it haha. and i don't mind riding with louis.

- i knew you'd be okay with it. thanks mate. don't forget we're hanging out saturday night

- yep you've reminded me 60 times

- just don't want you to forget

- I WONT I PROMISE

- 👍

New Text Message: Louis

- morning princess. be ready to go in 10

- k

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I need to move fast. He's going to be here in 10 minutes and I'm still in bed. I'm glad I took a shower last night instead of waiting for the morning because otherwise I would have been late.

I quickly grab everything I need for school after getting dressed, because Louis has honked his horn about thirty times already. Last time he picked me up, Tuesday, I was ready to go with plenty of time. This time, not so much. I'm rushing franticly.

I rush outside and climb in the car.

"I feel bad for asking you for the answers last night, but I still have no idea what's going on in that class if I'm being completely honest."

"Don't sweat it. I understand. I'm here if you need help in any of that."

"Thanks. I'm usually not the person to go around begging for other people's homework, but I was desperate. Usually I'll ask for help understanding it rather than just an answer sheet, but it's been a long week and I just wanted to get some rest," he says and I nod as we pull into his little sister's school to drop her off first. She seems shy, considering she hasn't really spoken to me yet.

We drive to our school then walk together to our first period class and I find myself zoning out in Louis' direction. I come back to my senses when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.