Finally, we pull into a pretty full parking lot outside of a tall building. The letters displayed across the front read Terror Tower.

"Louis?"

"Yes darling," he asks, shifting his gaze from the building over to me.

"Is this a haunted house?"

"Yes, is that okay?"

"How are we supposed to get tickets into a haunted house on fucking Halloween? We're going to be waiting for hours."

"I preordered tickets and a time-slot last week when you said you didn't want to trick-or-treat. I figured if I were to drag you into something like that with me, I should do something for you n return."

"Very kind, thank you but haunted house? Are you kidding me?"

"Is this a good reaction or a bad reaction. I can't really tell," Louis says, looking rather worried.

"Last time you took me into a fun house I almost cried in fear."

"But it's Halloween! You have to get in a little scare."

"We just watched a Halloween movie."

"Harry babe, that movie was rated PG. I don't think that got your heart racing enough."

"Is some guy with a bloody mask going to chase me around with a chainsaw?"

"Oh please, that's so cliche."

"So yes?"

"Yeah probably."

"So how does it work?"

"A lift will take us to the top floor of the 'tower' and we'll work our way down to the basement level. There's five total level, and they get more scary each time you move down a floor."

"Okay let's just get this over with."

"That's the spirit."

...

Panting and heart pounding, Louis and I run down to the final level of the haunted house.

We collapse through the door to reveal a dimly lit hallway. We step out, catch our breaths and start to walk down the hall. 

Just like I guessed, the last floor we were on had us running away from a man with a chainsaw. The floor above this was butchery themed.

As we walk further down, I notice a tall figure, too big to be a person, standing at the end.

We slowly get closer, then I realize it's a statue.

We turn the corner and there's another statue at the end. This time I get up close to it and suddenly hands grab my waist. I scream and Louis laughs.

"Gotcha," he says through his laughter.

"Not funny. Let's keep going. I'm afraid one of the statues is going to be real."

"Good guess. Good thing haunted houses are pretty predictable."

Next thing we know, we hear a hissing sound, and smoke begins to rise around us.

"Smoke machine. Bet you didn't predict that," I say to him. 

"Keep walking before we can't see anything."

We turn again and this time there are statues lined up all the down the hall. We see the door and begin to make a run for it.

Louis grabs the doorknob and tries to turn it. Then she shouts, "Fuck, it's locked."