Chapter 4 - Tumbler Actually Loves Lucky and 'Hattan

- Chapter 4 - A Morning at a Tumbler and Lucky Sleepover -
Warnings: Fluff
Third Person POV

Specs and Race share a silent look, counting down internally.

They each pick up a child when they get to one; Race picking up Tumbler and Specs picking up Lucky.

"Good morning to you." Race sings softly.

"We've got stuff to do." Specs continues, smiling warmly at the little in his arms as his eyes slowly opened.

"Finch still smells like a monkey." Race sings with a small chuckle.

Finch rolls his eyes, mumbling a soft 'rude'.

Albert chuckles, squeezing his best friend (and crush)'s hand.

"And sometimes acts like one too." Specs finishes, chuckling.

Lucky giggles groggily.

"I had a dream." Tumbler mutters, his eyes still closed. "And I woke up, and it came true."

"What was it?" Race asks with a soft chuckle.

"Lucky giggled." A small smile appears on Tumbler's face, his eyes still closed.

Lucky's face turns red.

Race chuckles. So, he's definitely a Brooklyn Newsie.

"Can you sing?" Lucky turns his head to look at Race.

"We just did, Silly-Charms." Race responds with a soft laugh, looking at the little.

Lucky pouts. "But you sang the same thing yesterday!" He argues.

"Ugh!" Race shoots him an offended look. "I changed the lyrics!" He responds dramatically.

Lucky pouts at him.

Race sighs. "Alright." He smiles softly.

"I'd prefer if I wasn't getting attacked in this one." Finch speaks up, raising his hand from where he sat in Albert's bunk, Albert's arms wrapped around him from behind.

Race and Specs share a look, before they both roll their eyes and sigh dramatically.

"I guess." Race responds, faking annoyance.

He looks at Tumbler, shooting him a silly face while Tumbler giggles.

Finch rolls his eyes again, muttering soft complaints to Albert, who's head was tucked in the crook of his neck while he listened and chuckled softly.

And they say they aren't dating.

"Happy, happy, good morning," Race sings softly, gently spinning Tumbler around in his arms.

Specs smiles. "From the both of us to you." He continues.

Race's smile grows when he realized Specs was going to sing with him again. "Happy, happy, good morning." He extends the notes a bit.

Some of the boys in the room smile as they get ready for the day.

Race and Specs were already ready.

"Wishing a happy day for you." Specs finishes, pressing a kiss to Lucky's forehead.

"This is what you wake up to every morning?" Tumbler asks Lucky, looking over at him.

Lucky nods. "Usually it's just Race though." He tells Tumbler.

Tumbler stares at him. "Why can't Brooklyn Newsies do this?" He asks.

Race and Specs chuckle.

"Don't tell anyone I said this," Ike starts from the other side of the room. "But we're so much better than the Brooklyn Newsies." He states, lacing up his boots.