Chapter 98 - "Ci Saremo Sempre Noi Due."

- Chapter 98 - Healing and Hearing (woahhhh, two things that are really hard for me lol) -
Warnings: mentions of kidnapping, Revenge, betrayal, death, soaking, injuries, sadness, worry, manipulation
Third Person POV

Spot sat down on the bed next to Race. "So," he started.

Race looked up at him.

"I heard you got up today," Spot commented.

"Ugh, Miss Medda." Race groaned, pushing Spot's arm lightly. "She's such a tattletale," he grumbled.

Spot chuckled. "I thought you weren't supposed to be up and moving yet?"

Race narrowed his eyes at him. "Don't do that thing where you say something, phrasing it like a question, but it's not a question because we both know it's true," he muttered. "It's frustrating."

Spot frowned. "Sorry."

Race shook his head. He looked at the door. "I just don't understand why I'm stuck here, but Ike and Hotshot get to go home."

"Because Ike and Hotshot weren't drugged and didn't loose as much blood as you did," Spot reminded him softly, taking his hand. "Plus, you were pulled into freezing water, choked multiple times, and who knows what happened while you were in East Side."

Race sighed, staring down at Spot's hand so he didn't have to make eye contact with him. "I do..." he mumbled.

Spot lifted his chin to look into his eyes. "Do you wanna talk about it yet?"

Race shook his head.

Spot sighed. He understood, but he just wanted to help and he didn't know how.

Race leaned back against him. It was getting painful to stay sitting up.

After a few minutes, Spot spoke up. "You know, that moment when Revenge pulled you into the water was terrifying..." he mumbled.

Race looked up at him, resting his head on Spot's chest.

Spot just stared ahead. "I didn't think before I jumped in the water. It was too cold to open my eyes and I couldn't find you for a minute," he explained. "I only found you because of the key."

Race looked at the necklace around his neck. "Who knew this would save my life one day."

Spot smiled slightly. He sighed, looking down at Race. "You were so cold... I didn't even feel the cold when I got out of the water because I was so focused on you," he informed him, thinking about it. "Dice grabbed took off their flannel and helped me put it around you, while Rags instructed people on what to do."

"Thank you, Dice," Spot muttered as they wrapped the flannel around Race.

Dice nodded.

"Get him up," Rags instructed, quickly jumping to his feet. "We need to get him to a warm place and out of these clothes."

"He told Blink and Mush to run to Medda's and tell her what happened," Spot continued. He shuddered. "And you... you just laid limp in my arms. After your coughing fit, you were out again."