Chapter 35 - Spot's POV on a Brooklyn Day After the Strike

- Chapter 35 - Dozy Sleeps and Trips trips lol -
Warnings: Mentions of throwing up and blood, but nothing that bad other than slight annoyance
Third Person POV

Spot walks into one of the Brooklyn Lodge bunk rooms, flicking on a light. "Get up, ya bums!" He shouts. "Time to carry the banner!"

He got a good amount of groans in response.

However, Cloth and Ace were two Newsies who quickly got up.

Spot smirks. They know what happens if you don't get up. "Get up before I throw you in the water!" He shouts. "There's no warnings other than this today!"

The vast majority of the Newsies in the room got up because of their warning.

Ace had picked Smokes up and was carrying him to the bathroom so they could get ready.

Red was pulling Hotshot and Dice out of bed because he knew they hated the water wake-up calls.

Spot smacks the bed frame of the bunk that Stitch was sleeping in. "Get up, idiot!" He shouts. "You're the only one I can't throw in the water." He grumbles, walking off.

Stitch was shaken awake at the pimp-cane hitting the bed frame and he looked really confused.

Rags softly gestures for him to get up, gesturing over to Spot as if warning him.

Stitch nods, rubbing his eyes as he gets up.

Rags guides the nine-year-old boy to the bathroom to get ready.

Stitch was a nine-year-old and mute Newsie who had been dropped off at the Lodge on day when he was three with something done bad for his throat and vocal chords.

He hadn't been able to talk since, but he didn't mind since he liked to sew and stuff.

Spot looks around the bunk room. Who isn't awake? He thinks to himself, before his eyes land on a sleeping Newsie.

Dozy.

(A/N, sorry, these names are getting so bad lol.)

He was known for being a sleepy Newsie and he was usually one Spot had to throw into the water to wake him up.

Spot smirks to himself, picking up the sleeping boy.

He wasn't light, per say, but he wasn't heavy. Dozy was a pretty good weight, especially for being a Newsie.

Spot carefully carries Dozy outside, gathering a crowd of Newsies to watch.

Spot stands by the edge of the dock, counting to three silently, before throwing the sleeping boy into the water.

A screech could be heard from him, sending all of the Newsies watching into laughter.

Dozy comes up in the water, glaring at Spot because he knew he was the one who threw him into the water.

Spot smirks at him,

Dozy rolls his eyes, swimming over to the side of the dock and hoisting himself out of the water. He sits on the edge, squeezing out his clothes. "I hate you." He grumbles.