Chapter 24 - Here's a Little Javid for You

- Chapter 24 - "That Was Really Nice. Do it Again Please." -
Warnings: Mentions of betrayal
Third Person POV

Davey sat on his and Les' bed, just thinking.

Jack's betrayal had hurt.

A lot.

Davey had gone and visited the Manhattan Newsies yesterday, but they were all still pretty hurt.

They weren't happy or bubbly like Davey knew them to be.

Davey remembers his interaction with Race.

Davey walks upstairs to find Race. "Race?" He calls out softly. "Are you in here?" He asks.

Davey heard a sniffle from the left side of the room. "Yeah..." Race answers quietly.

Davey walks further into the bunk room, looking around.

He looks up to find Race on his bunk.

Race shared a bunk with Albert and he had the top one while Albert had the bottom bunk.

Davey walks over to his bunk, peaking his head over the guard rail to look at Race.

Race looks over at him, leaning against the wall with his knees pulled to his chest.

"Hi..." Davey greets softly.

"Hi..." Race greets just as softly. "What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Seeing how you all are." Davey answers slowly. "I'm so sorry." He whispers.

Race looks back at him. "Davey, it's not your fault." He tells him. "I'm sorry Jack did that, especially since it was right in front of you." He says.

Davey shakes his head. "You guys have known him for longer." He states.

"That doesn't mean it would hurt any less for you." Race crawls over to the bunk rail, taking Davey's hand gently. "I know about your crush." He informs him softly.

Davey blushes, looking down.

"I'm sorry, Davey." Race whispers, tears filling his eyes again.

"I'm so sorry, Race." Davey takes his hand gently, squeezing it.

Race shrugs, sitting back down as he wipes his eyes.

He was silent for a few minutes, Davey just watching him, before he started crying again.

Tears ran down Race's cheeks. "It hurts- Davey." He chokes out.

Davey frowns, climbing up onto the bunk and pulling Race against his chest.

Race starts sobbing.

Davey felt tears sting his eyes as he held the dirty blonde-haired boy.

Davey shakes himself out of his memories.