Chapter 93 - Shall I Say, it's the *Key* to Finding Race (hehehehe)

- Chapter 93 - Two chapters in one night? You're welcome lol. I couldn't leave y'all hanging. Here's a bit of relief for ya -
Warnings: almost drowning, freezing cold water, anger, family issues, insults, injuries
Third Person POV

The fight had moved a bit away from Race and Tumbler, which Race was glad for.

He wasn't sure he'd be able to protect Tumbler if they were caught in the crossfire.

But Race couldn't get Tumbler to safety. Moving felt immensely painful and almost impossible due to his limbs feeling like they wouldn't move.

Race's eyes snapped open when he heard something.

Someone... someone was running towards them.

Who was it?

Revenge.

Race knew that face.

Race quickly shook Tumbler. "Lucky, listen to me," he whispered drearily.

Tumbler looked up at him, confused.

"I need you to run," Race told him hurriedly.

"But-"

"No, ascoltami," Race told him sternly. "Run. Avoid anyone you don't know-" he was cut off by coughing, "-and- and don't let them catch you," he instructed him. "Find someone you know, like- like Red or Skitts or a Manhattan Newsie."

"And leave you?" Tumbler asked, not noticing Revenge running to them.

"Sì, per favore, ora." Race tried desperately to get him to go. "Ora, ora. Andare."

Tumbler frowned, but nodded. "I will! I'll go get them to help!" He turned around and quickly ran off.

Race breathed a sigh of relief when Tumbler avoided Revenge.

Tumbler ran as fast as he could to the group of Newsies he saw, not noticing some of them running past him.

Tumbler noticed a familiar face. "Red!"

Red and Cloth both looked up. They were both on the ground helping with Snowflake's injury.

Red quickly stood up. "Tumbler!"

Tumbler ran towards him, almost collapsing into his arms. "I found you!"

"Oh my gosh," Red whispered, hugging the boy close, "I'm so glad you're okay. Are you hurt?" He checked him over. "Skitts going to be so relieved."

"I'm okay, but Race!" Tumbler was quickly reminded of the boy. "He needs help!"

Red looked back in the direction Spot and the others had run off in. He took a deep breath, before looking back down at Tumbler. "Spot's going to help Race," he assured him. "For now, let's go find Skittery."

Tumbler nodded vigorously.

He missed his Skitts.

Revenge got to Race almost immediately after Tumbler ran off. He grabbed the blond-haired Newsie by the collar of his shirt and pulled him up.