Chapter 43 - (Other than the Sky, Cause He's Smart.)

- Chapter 43 - Nicknames and Secrets -
Warnings: Talk of a Borough war, nerves, and slight sadness, but nothing too bad other than a bit of foreshadowing
Third Person POV

"Morning, bro!" Albert exclaims, standing next to Race and throwing his arm over the blonde-haired boy's shoulder.

Race snatches his cigar out of Albert's hand, looking at the redhead warily. "What are you doing?" He asks skeptically.

Albert shrugs. "Not much, dude." He responds, looking around the square.

He'd never be the same after the strike; he was so much more grateful for everything, even the usual chaos of mornings in the distribution center.

The Delucas were gone.

Snyder was gone.

They were all safe and everything was normal.

Race sighs deeply. "Let me try again..." he starts. "What's with the nicknames?" He asks him.

Albert shrugs. "Just trying something new, bro bro." He responds.

Race sighs deeply again, pulling away from Albert and walking off.

Albert cups his hands over his mouth to make his voice louder. "See ya later, bro-friend!" He exclaims.

That one got breathed laughs from Mike, Romeo, JoJo, and Knobs, who stood behind Albert.

"Finch!" Mike shouts, staring at Albert, his eyes wide. "Your boyfriend's being weird!" He exclaims dramatically.

Albert rolls his eyes, turning and walking away.

Not that much later in the morning
(And by that I mean that it hasn't even been eight minutes later lol.)

Race sat on a crate in the distribution center, reading one of his papers.

Not interesting, not interesting, they're trying to kill us, completely boring, ew, not interesti- he reads briefly through the pages of the paper, mainly just looking at the headlines for the day.

Which were all as horrible as usual, so that hadn't changed.

Someone cut his thought process of when they plopped down next to him. "How ya doing, bro-ski?" They ask.

Race looks over at his best friend. "Why...?" He questions.

"Why what?" Albert asks with a cheeky smile.

"Why the nicknames?" Race questions.

Albert shrugs. "Seeing how you'd react." He answers. "I got many laughs out of Jo." He informs Race, smiling to himself.

Race sighs deeply. "Please stop."

Albert smirks at him.

Race glares at him.

Albert pats Race's should as he gets up, fixing his hat on his semi-long, red hair.

He definitely needed a haircut, but he couldn't afford that.

He could probably ask Sarah, he knew that.