Chapter 72 - The Foreshadowing Was Right!

- Chapter 72 - I love foreshadowing lol -
Warnings: Mentions of attacks, fear, Revenge, confusion, difficulties getting sleep, stress
^ Ben's smile
Third Person POV

The sinking feeling in Spot's stomach that something was going to go bad was right.

Spot was struggling to keep up with Race as he ran. "Race!" he exclaims.

Race slows down for a second. "What?" He looked incredibly worried.

"She's fine! Just a bit bruised!" Spot tells him, gripping his wrist. "We don't need to run."

Ace and Hotshot finally caught up to them, breathing hard.

Race glares at him. "We have to get there fast," he tells Spot. "Come on."

"Seeing as we're now almost there because you just ran, we can speed walk now," Ace tells Race, patting his shoulder gently.

Race grumbles in annoyance, but nods.

It took them fifteen minutes to get there.

Fifteen long minutes.

Spot was worried, yes, but he knew she was fine.

Woodside had a close connection with the Bowery, so they had each other to protect them.

However, he was confused as to why Revenge was targeting Woodside.

Why would he attack Woodside?

When they got there, Queens, Midtown, and Richmond were already there.

Spot looks at Pack and Match, slightly concerned. "You two left leaders there, right?" he asks them. "You know it's not good to leave for long when he literally just attacked Richmond," he reminds them.

The Richmond Newsies were still staying in Midtown, despite a good amount of them still selling in Richmond.

Match was going to take a few Newsies to check up on their Borough soon, but they needed to be prepared in case Revenge was there.

Match nods. "We left my Second, Pack's Second, my Third, and his Fourth," he informs Spot.

Spot nods.

Race runs over to Craft. "Are you okay?" he asks quickly.

Craft smiles. "I'm okay, Racer," she tells him. "Just a bit scratched up. We're all good."

Relieved, Race nods.

Race and Craft had met when they were ten years old and they were close. They would've been closer if she didn't live so far from him, but they still cared about each other a lot.

Race had even given her boyfriend the big brother talk, though he is younger than her, when they started dating.

Craft had yet to do that, only because of the East Side trouble and also because Race was dating the Spot Conlon.

Craft turns to Spot, Arrow, Match, and Pack. "It was like he wasn't trying to use his full strength to fight us," she informs them. "It was weird..."

Arrow and Spot share a look.

"He's planning something," Arrow whispers, looking to be in deep thought.

Hotshot had to stop himself from rolling his eyes at the obvious comment.

Race was in deep thought. Not fighting with their full strength? That's weird... people only do that when the attacks are supposed to be distractions for something e... his eyes widen in realization.