Chapter 88 - "Either Way, We're Winning This War."

- Chapter 88 - Oooooh, "fun" leader-borough meetings lol -
Warnings: mentions of illness, betrayal, injuries, burns/burning, abuse, jokes about abuse, hitting people with hats, wars, fighting, insults
Third Person POV

"One of my boys is extremely injured and Race was taken over a week ago," Spot explained.

The other leaders looked at each other.

"This needs to end today," Spot told them, looking around the circle. "Newsies can't keep getting injured because of this. I need your help."

"We need your help," Jack spoke up.

Spot looked at him. He nodded.

"Why didn't you tell us when Race was first taken?" Match questioned, looking confused.

"Because Revenge set it up to make it look like Race angered the drunks that typically play poker in the back alleys in Brooklyn," Spot explained. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "And the Newsie that Race had been with when he was taken turned out to be a traitor, who's working with Revenge, so he played into this trick," he informed them.

Pack frowned, crossing his arms. "How bad is your Newsie injured? And how badly do you think Race is injured?" he asked. "Midtown can bring medical supplies. We have plenty."

Spot nodded gratefully. "Bandit, my injured Newsie, is going to be okay physically, we hope," he informed him. "He's being taken care of right now."

Pack nodded.

"Race... I honestly don't know." Spot sighed, rubbing the temples of his forehead. "I think we just need to hope for the best and prepare for the worst... which... I don't know what the worst is, but I'm hoping it's not bad," he said.

Pack nodded again. He looked at Spot, silent for a second as he debated whether or not to ask what they were all thinking. "You don't think he's...?"

"No," Spot answered almost instantly. "Something in my heart knows he's not. My only question is how much did he anger them with his big mouth?" He tried to crack a playful smile, but it was clear he was still very worried.

"Probably a lot." Craft smiled, patting Spot's shoulder.

Spot nodded, shaking his head. "Crazy child." He looked over at Jack. "It's your fault."

Jack rolled his eyes, his arms crossed. "Nah, I'm pretty sure that comes from his "half Brooklyn" side," he responded.

"Or maybe, just maybe, it was both of you." Arrow gasped at his comment, his hands over his mouth. "What a weird idea. Woah." He did jazz hands.

Jack and Spot both rolled their eyes.

"Either way," Jack turned to Craft, "how is your borough?"

Craft smiled a bit. "We're okay." She nodded. "The Bowery," she nodded to Diamond, "has been helping us recover since the attack. It, thankfully, wasn't as bad as it could've been."

Jack nodded. "Good."

Match looked around at all of the leaders. "What are all of your plans when we go to confront Revenge?" he asked them, crossing his arms. "For myself, I'm only bringing my oldest Newsies; none younger than fourteen, and Pack is bringing his medics because Midtown isn't known for their fighting skills." He chuckled, looking at his boyfriend.